Dr. Suman Kumar Banik
Qualification: MBBS, D. Ortho, FIJR, Fellowship in llizarov Techniques(CFIT, Akola)
Designation: Consultant Trauma and Ilizarov Surgeon
Med Reg No: 62381
About Dr. Suman Kumar Banik
Dr. Suman Kumar Banik is a Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon at Medicover Hospitals, Hitech city.
He has completed his MBBS and Post graduation in Orthopaedics from Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences.
He was trained in Arthroplasty under one of the best joint replacement surgeons of the country Dr. Krishna Kiran E
He has done Fellowship in Ilizarov surgeries under one of the pioneers of this field Dr. Milind Chaudhary at CFIT, Akola. He is also well equipped in performing knee arthroscopic surgeries.
- Trauma, complex trauma, general orthopedics, Soft tissue procedures.
- Ilizarov surgeries for Complex trauma, Non unions, Infected nonunions, Deformity corrections (Adult and Congenital deformity) and Limb lengthening.
- Primary joint replacements
- Knee arthroscopic surgeries
Past Experience :
- Resident D.M.O and C.M.O in Apollo Hospitals ,Hyderabad from Jan 2009-Dec 2009.
- DNB Resident in Department of Orthopaedics ,Hosmat Hospital,Bengaluru from Jun 2010-Feb 2011.
- Civil Assistant Surgeon on contract basis in Community Health Centre,Vikarabad from March 2011-Aug 2011.
- Senior resident in the dept. of Orthopaedics at Govt. Medical College and Hospital, Nizamabad(Oct 2014 to july 2015)
- Presented a paper in the first TOSACON 2016 on PROSPECTIVE RANDOMISED CONTROL STUDY TO EVALUATE THE DROP IN HAEMOGLOBIN AND HAEMATOCRIT VALUES IN NAVIGATED TKR Vs NONNAVIGATED TKR.
- Paper presentation on CORELATION BETWEEN WHITESIDE LINE AND POSTERIOR CONDYLAR AXIS IN NAVIGATED TKRs
- Presented a CASE REPORT on IDIOPATHIC CALCINOSIS CUTIS IN A 12 Yr OLD FEMALE CHILD and published the same in International journal- Case reports in Orthopaedics;Hindawi publications.
- Paper publication in JLLR(Journal of limb lengthening and reconstruction) 2019-
ILIZAROV TECHNIQUES FOR UPPER TIBIAL NONUNIONS: How difficult it is to achieve excellent results
Departmental Presentation :
- Presented a seminar on CERVICAL LYMPHADENOPATHY in Mediciti Institute of Medical Sciences, in the Department of Medicine during the Academic year 2005-2006.
- Presented a seminar on CHRONIC RECURRENT MULTIFOCAL OSTEOMYELITIS in Mediciti Institute of Medical Sciences, in the Department of Orthopaedics during the academic year 2006-2007.
- Presented a seminar on PROTEIN ENERGY MALNUTRITION and ORAL REHYDRATION THERAPY in Mediciti Institute of Medical Sciences, in the Department of Paediatrics during the academic year 2006-2007.
- Presented a seminar on NATIONAL RURAL HEALTH MISSION in Mediciti Institute of medical Sciences, in the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine during the academic year 2006-2007.
- Presented seminars on WRIST DROP and TENDON TRANSFERS,FAT EMBOLISM and CONGENITAL TALIPES EQUINO VARUS in Hosmat Hospital during 2010-2011.
Post Graduation Presentation:
- Anatomy And Biomechanics Of Shoulder Joint
- Proximal Humerus Fractures And Management Including Geriatrics Patients
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Storage Disorders
Awards & Recognitions:
- State University topper in D.Ortho 2014
- Best outgoing sportsman award in MBBS
- Participated in Pulse Polio Immunization Program from 2003 to 2007.
- As a part of Community Health Program participated in Oral Cancer awareness rally on World No-Tobacco Day.
- Active participant in AIDS rallies as a part of Community Awareness program.
- As a part of Medical Team which conducted health camps in various schools and villages.