Passionate about transplantation especially perceived high risk procedures like ABO
incompatible kidney transplantation and cross-match positive kidney transplantation.
Pioneering Hemodiafiltration as a superior alternative to regular Hemodialysis. Deeply involved in the study of the Genetics of Diabetes,Kidney Diseases and Transplantation pharma codynamics.Published several papers in international journals.
- Live related kidney transplantation
- ABO incompatible (between non-matched blood groups) kidney transplantation
- Cadaver kidney transplantation
- Cross-match positive kidney transplantation
- Swapping (exchange) kidney transplantation
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Critical Care Nephrology
- Diabetic nephropathy including genetic studies
- Glomerular disease (glomerulonephritis)
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Hemodialysis (HD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD)
- Hemodiafiltration (HDF)
- Slow Low Efficiency Hemodialysis (SLED)
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- Served as Consultant Nephrologist in Kamineni Hospitals from 2005 till Dec 2014.
- Worked as Senior Renal Registrar in Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia from March 2006 to Feb 2008.
- Worked as director of the department of Nephrology & Transplantation, Century Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad Since Jan 2015 to Aug 2020.
- MBBS - Mysore Medical College, 1995
- MD (medicine) - Bangalore Medical College
- DNB (Nephrology) - National Board of Examinations, 2005
- IGF2 ApaI A/G Polymorphism Evaluated in ESRD Individuals as a Biomarker to Identify Patient with New Onset Diabetes Mellitus after Renal Transplant in Asian Indians. Kiran Kumar Vattam, Imran Ali Khan, Sireesha Movva, Kamal Kiran Mukkavali, Subhadra Poornima, Pragna Rao, Qurratulain Hasan; Open Journal of Nephrology, 2013, 3, 104-108
- Influence of gene polymorphism on the pharamacokinetics of calcineurin inhibitors: In renal transplant patients from India. Kiran Kumar Vattam, Kamal Kiran Mukkavilli, Sireesha Moova, Pavani Upendram, Tarun Kumar Saha, Pragna Rao and Qurratulain Hasan: International Research Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (ISSN 2251-0176) Vol. 3(1) pp. 9-15, January 2013.
- Normocalcaemic normomagnesaemic tetany with tacrolimus. Ashwinikumar Aiyangar, Prawash Chowdhary, Kameshwar Rao, Kamal Kiran; Nephrology 2011 Volume 16, Issue 8, pages 784–785
- Relationship of angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism with nephropathy associated with Type 2 diabetes mellitus in Asian Indians. Movva S, Alluri RV, Komandur S, Vattam K, Eppa K, Mukkavali KK, Mubigonda S, Saharia S, Shastry JC, Hasan Q.J; Diabetes Complications. 2007 Jul-Aug;21(4):237-41.
- Thrombotic microangiopathy in renal allografts. Radha S, Tameem A, Sridhar G, Aiyangar A, Rajaram KG, Prasad R, Kiran K. Indian J Nephrol. 2014 Jan;24(1):24-7. doi: 10.4103/0971-4065.125052.
- Investigation of Calpain 10 (rs2975760) gene polymorphism in Asian Indians with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus. Imran Ali Khan, Sireesha Movva, Noor Ahmad Shaik, Srinivas Chava, Parveen Jahan, Kamal Kiran Mukkavali, Vasundhara Kamineni, Qurratulain Hasan, Pragna Rao. Meta Gene, Volume 2, December 2014, pages 299–306
- Correlation between KCNQ1 and KCNJ11 gene polymorphisms and type 2 and post-transplant diabetes mellitus in the Asian Indian population. Imran Ali Khan, Kiran Kumar Vattam, Parveen Jahan, Kamal Kiran Mukkavali, Qurratulain Hasan, Pragna Rao Gene & Disease 2015 pages 1 – 7