Dr Deepak Gautam
Consultant Joint Replacement &
Director of Orthopedic Disciplines
MBBS, MS Ortho (AIIMS, New Delhi) FACS
Former Consultant Orthopedics at AIIMS New Delhi
Hip and Knee Expert Fellow Germany
APOA Fellow, Thailand
Robert Roaf Fellow, IOA
Synthes Trauma Fellow, South Korea
India Alliance Fellow
Experience : 12+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 7 PM
About Doctor :
- Primary total knee and hip arthroplasty
- Partial knee arthroplasty
- Navigation Assisted total knee and hip arthroplasty
- Complex joint reconstruction using allografts
- Complex trauma including acetabular and knee fractures
- Chronic Extremity musculoskeletal Infection
- Periprosthetic Joint Infection
- Robotic Knee and Hip Replacement
- Total Hip Arthroplasty via Direct Anterior Approach
Past Experience :
- Former Assistant Professor of Orthopedics at AIIMS, New Delhi
- George J, Gautam D, Sugumar PA, Janardhanan R, Kabra A, Malhotra R. Uneven global and racial representation in major orthopaedic clinical trials: Trends over a decade. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2022 May 13;29: 101894. doi: 10.1016/j.jcot.2022.101894. PMID: 35601509; PMCID: PMC9120236.
- Malhotra R, Batra S, Sugumar PA, Gautam D. Clinical outcome in Total Hip Arthroplasty for Septic Sequale in Childhood – A Retrospective Study. Bone Joint Open 2022;3-4:314–320.
- Swamy AM, Malhotra R, Digge V, Manhas V, Gautam D, Srivastava DV. Accelerometer-based portable navigation, a faster guide compared to computer-assisted navigation in bilateral total knee arthroplasty—a randomized controlled study. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-021-06842-y.
- Malhotra R, Gautam D, Gupta S. A New Type of Periprosthetic Fracture: Is It the Time to Update the Unified Classification System?. JOIO (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s43465-021-00538-8
- Gautam D, Arora N, Gupta S, George J, Malhotra R. Megaprosthesis Versus Allograft Prosthesis Composite for the Management of Massive Skeletal Defects: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies. Current Rev Musculoskeletal Med. 2021; 14(3): 255-70.
- Malhotra R, Gautam D*, Gupta S, Eachempati KK. An algorithmic approach to total hip arthroplasty in patient with post-polio paralysis and fixed pelvic obliquity. Bone Joint Open. 2021 Sep;2(9):696-704.
- Gautam D, Gupta S, Malhotra R. Total hip arthroplasty in acetabular fractures. J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2020; 11(6):1090-1098
- Gautam D, Malhotra R. Total Hip Arthroplasty in Ankylosing Spondylitis with Extension Contractures of Hips. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2019; 34(1): 71-76.
- Gautam D, Malhotra R. Total Hip Arthroplasty with Modular Stem for Dysplastic Hips in South Asian population. Arch Bone Joint Surg. 2019; 7(6):506-513.
- Malhotra R, Gautam D. Acute total hip arthroplasty in acetabular fractures using modern porous metal cup. J of Orthop Surg. 2019; 27(2): 1-7.
Media Publications :
- Featured in Times of India,3rd March 2017: “Halted by Pain, He catches up with Life”
- Featured in Times of India, 7th October 2018: “Bone Bank gives Dhaka doc his hip and confidence lost 6 years ago”
- Live show at Total TV, 20th Sept 2016: “Knee Pain”
- Featured in Medical Times, 1st October 2013: “Four joint replacements in a single surgery broadens options for hopefuls”
- Featured in Hindustan Times, 2nd September 2013: “Joint Replacement Surgery Comes of Age”
Awards & Recognitions :
- College Scholarship as the top 10 students in MBBS Professional Exam.
- Best Poster Award for the research entitled “classification of protrusio acetabuli and an algorithm for surgical technique for dealing with the problem” during 19th APOA Congress, held at Melbourne, Australia in April 2016.
- Best Young Speaker Award in ‘National Workshop in Platelet Activity’ for the lecture on “role of platelets in orthopaedic disorders”, held at AIIMS, New Delhi in November 2017.
- Best paper award for the research entitled “spectrum of trunnion failure in total hip arthroplasty “during Annual Arthroplasty Conference, Hyderabad (AACH) held at Hyderabad in February 2018.
- Best 15 research presented in Global Perspective forum for the research entitled “spectrum of trunnion failure in total hip arthroplasty “during American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) held at New Orleans in March 2018
- K T Dholakia award for the research entitled “spectrum of trunnion failure in total hip arthroplasty - a comprehensive failure analysis with a novel system of classification” during ROC – 2018, - Authors: Malhotra Rajesh (Presenter), Gautam Deepak, Chawla Anoop, Jain Vaishali