Dr A R Krishna Prasad
MBBS, MS (Gen. Surg.)
FRCS (Glasg), FRCS (CTh )
Director and Chief Consultant
Experience : 20+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
About Doctor :
- MICS - Coronaries and Valvular
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Total Arterial Bypass
- Aortic Surgery (Dissection & Aneurysm)
- Valvular Heart surgery(MVR, AVR, DVR, TVR& Repair)
- Congenital or Adult Heart Defect closures
- Total Intracardiac Repair (ICR)
- PDA closures (off pump)
- Peripheral Vascular Surgery ( Elective &Emergency Limb Saving)
- Arterio-Venous (AV) Fistula
- Varicose vein treatment ( EVLT, Ablation,Sclerotherapy, surgery)
- Pacemaker Implant
- Thoracic Surgery (VATS or Open)
Past Experience :
- Consultant Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Sunshine Heart Institute, Hyderabad.
- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiac Surgery, Birmingham Children’s Hospital, Birmingham.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham.
- Specialist registrar in Cardiac Surgery Leeds General infirmary, Leeds.
- Clinical Research Fellow in Cardiothoracic surgery (SPR) Nottingham City Hospital, Nottingham.
- Specialist registrar in Cardiac surgery Birmingham Children’s Hospital.
- Specialist Registrar in Thoracic surgery Birmingham Heartlands Hospitals, Birmingham.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiothoracic Surgery The Queen Elizabeth Hospitals, Birmingham.
- Senior House Officer in Cardiothoracic Surgery Aug 2000 – Jun 2001.
- Senior House Officer in Cardiothoracic Surgery Kamineni Hospitals, Hyderabad, India.
- Senior House Officer in General Surgery Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad, India.
- Intraperitoneal microdialysis a novel method of measuring anaerobic metabolism during on pump CABG. Accepted for publication in Scandinavian Cardiovascular journal.
- The effect of Fenoldopam and Dopexamine on cytokine and endotoxin release following on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting: a prospective randomised double-blind trial. Adluri RK, Singh AV, Skoyles J, Robins A, Parton J, Baker M, Mitcehll IM. Heart Surg Forum. 2010 Dec;13(6): E353-61.
- Effect of increased pump flow on hepatic blood flow and systemic inflammatory response following on-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. Adluri RK, Singh AV, Skoyles J, Hitch T, Robins A, Baker M, Mitchell IM. Perfusion; 2010. Sep;25(5): 293-303.
- Briefing and debriefing in the cardiac operating room. Analysis of impact on theatre team attitude and patient safety. Papaspyros SC, Javangula KC, Adluri RK, O'Regan DJ. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2010 Jan;10(1):43-7.
- The effect of fenoldopam and dopexamine on hepatic blood flow and hepatic function following coronary artery bypass grafting with hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass. Adluri RK, Singh AV, Skoyles J, Robins A, Hitch A, Baker M, Mitchell IM. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg May 2009. 35:988-994.
- Successful management of multiple permanent pacemaker complications--infection, 13 year old silent lead perforation and exteriorisation following failed percutaneous extraction, superior vena cava obstruction, tricuspid valve endocarditis, pulmonary embolism and prosthetic tricuspid valve thrombosis. Kaul P, Adluri K, Javangula K, Baig W. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2009 Feb 24;4:12. Review.
- Changes in potassium concentration and haematocrit associated with cardiopulmonary bypass in paediatric cardiac surgery. Vohra HA, Adluri K, Willets R, Horsburgh A, Barron DJ, Brawn WJ. Perfusion. 2007 Mar;22(2):87-92.
- Pulmonary Blastoma – a rare tumor with variable presentation. RKP Adluri, S Boddu, A Martin-Ucar, J P Duffy, FD Beggs, WE Morgan. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. Nov 2005.
- Does Site Matter – a case report. A Rengarajan, K Adluri, Perks G, IS Birdi; Mar –Apr 2006. British Journal of Cardiology.
- Aneurysms of Sinus of valsalva following infective endocarditis. K Adluri, CJ Smallpeice; British Journal of Cardiology; March- April 2005.
Other Information :
- Member of Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Member of European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
Awards & Achievements :
- Distinctions in Biochemistry and General surgery
- College level prizes in Poetry and Cricket
- Second prize for best presentation at Midlands Cardiothoracic Meeting Feb 2005.