What is Vitrectomy?
A vitrectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat eye problems in the retina and vitreous. It is done to remove the vitreous humor fluid or only vitreous and replace it with another solution inside the eyeball. The vitreous is the gel-like fluid present in the eyes.
Vitrectomy Cost In India
The cost of vitrectomy surgery varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The cost of vitrectomy surgery in Hyderabad, Vizag, and Nashik differs widely based on various other factors. The typical cost of a vitrectomy procedure in India is between Rs. 10,791 to Rs. 41,800 depending upon the type of surgery. The minimum price of a vitrectomy in Hyderabad is Rs. 9,810 and the maximum is Rs. 38,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 9,810 and the maximum is Rs. 38,000.|
How To Prepare For Vitrectomy Surgery
- Before the surgery, you will undergo a few medical tests to determine whether you are fit for the procedure.
- If you have any allergies or are on any medications, inform your ophthalmologist or eye surgeon.
- You may need to fast six to eight hours before the operation.
How Is Vitrectomy Surgery Done?
- Once you’re inside the operation theatre, the anaesthetists will give you mild anaesthesia to numb the eye or general anaesthesia, depending upon the situation.
- To begin with the vitrectomy surgery, the eye surgeon will ensure that your eyelids are fully opened.
- The surgeon makes an incision into the first layer of your eye tissue, then a second incision into the white tissue of the eye called the sclera.
- A fibre-optic light is used to observe the inside of your eye.
- The doctor removes vitreous and other unnecessary tissues through one of the incisions.
- Replaces the vitreous with other material, like gas, air, or a saline solution. A fluid naturally produced by your eye will gradually replace this material.
- The surgeon performs surgical repair of your retina and takes off damaged tissues from the eyeball. With the help of a laser, the surgeon fixes any retinal-related issues.
- Finally, the doctor removes any instruments and lights and closes the opening in the eye. Usually, stitches will not be required.
- An antibiotic solution will be placed in your eye to prevent eye infection. The eye will be covered with a patch.
What Are The Different Types Of Vitrectomy Surgery?
Your cardiologist may suggest a CAG test if you have the following symptoms:
At Medicover, we have the best team of eye surgeons and ophthalmologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technologies and experienced eye surgeons and ophthalmologists who perform vitrectomy surgeries.