What is Vertebroplasty?
Vertebroplasty is a procedure used for treating painful vertebral compression fractures in the spine, a common complication of osteoporosis. Using imaging (vertebroplasty), the doctor infuses a cement mixture into the cracked bone. Vertebral body fractures can cause the spine to shorten and bend forward due to compression or collapse resulting in pain and a kyphotic (hunched-over) deformity in the person. Vertebral compression fractures are most commonly caused by bone thinning or osteoporosis or due to pathologic fractures from spinal tumours. Around 75% of patients regain lost mobility and become more active after vertebroplasty.
The cost of a Vertebroplasty generally varies according to the city and the hospital you choose. The price of Vertebroplasty in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Nashik can differ based on factors like the severity of the case, the duration of treatment required, age of the patinet and others. However, in Hyderabad, the minimum cost of Vertebroplasty is Rs 75,000, and the maximum is Rs. 300,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 3,00,000|
How To Prepare For Vertebroplasty?
- Before beginning treatment, your doctor will most likely do an X-ray, take a thorough medical history, and do a physical exam to know the location and kind of your vertebra-related discomfort.
- All prescription and over-the-counter drugs and any herbal supplements you're taking should be disclosed to your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are on an anticoagulant (blood-thinning), aspirin, or other blood-clotting medications.
- Inform your doctor about any recent illnesses or medical problems.
- Before vertebroplasty, follow all food and drinking instructions given by your doctor.
How is Vertebroplasty Done?
The Vertebroplasty procedure has the following steps:
- The doctor will administer a sedative to help you relax during the operation.
- They will numb the region before inserting a tiny needle into the fractured bone using advanced X-ray technology to guide the hand into position.
- Bone cement is injected into the bone once the needle is in place to stabilise it and harden it.
- Before the cement cures, the needles are quickly removed. Skin glue or steri-strips are used to seal the minor skin incision.
- For each bone that is treated, the treatment takes roughly an hour.
Who is the right candidate for Vertebroplasty?
Vertebroplasty may be an option if you're suffering from severe spinal compression fractures caused by:
- Metastatic tumour
- Multiple myeloma
- Vertebral hemangioma
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced orthopedists and orthopedic surgeons who perform Vertebroplasty procedures.