What Is A Pulmonary Function Test?
Pulmonary function tests (PFTs), also known as lung function tests, are a group of noninvasive diagnostic tests that are used to examine the functional capacity of the lungs. The commonly used test is spirometry.
PFT is used to check how well is your breathing process and how effectively your lungs can supply oxygen to the rest of your body.
Pulmonary Function Test Cost In India
The cost of a pulmonary function test (PFT) varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The cost of PFT in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool and other locations differs widely based on various factors.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Pulmonary Function Test Cost In India||Rs. 1750 to Rs. 2500.|
How To Prepare For Pulmonary Function Test
- Stop taking drugs for asthma, chronic bronchitis, or any other respiratory-related conditions. Let your doctor know about any medications that you are taking.
- Avoid taking both prescribed and over-the-counter drugs as they interfere with pulmonary function test results. If you have any health conditions, allergies, or use an inhaler, inform your doctor about them.
- Stop smoking for at least six hours before the test. Wear loose, comfortable clothes and athletic shoes.
How Is the Pulmonary Function Test Done?
The PFTs are not a painful procedure. They are conducted by a pulmonary function technician, who will guide you during the whole process. The exercise test will take place on a treadmill or a paddling bike, and you will be required to use maximum effort to inhale and exhale air. It is also done using a spirometer in which the technician would ask you to blow air with full capacity and strength. The procedure is performed many times to get accurate results. To check your vitals during the process, you will be attached to a heart and blood pressure monitoring device.
Who Is The Right Candidate For Pulmonary Function Test?
Your pulmonologist will recommend PFT if you’re experiencing the following lung conditions -
- Any symptoms of a lung problem
- If you’re continuously exposed to certain allergic and harmful substances in the environment or at your workplace
- To monitor chronic lung diseases, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- To examine your lung function before any surgery
At Medicover, we have the best team of pulmonologists and thoracic surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technology and experienced thoracic surgeons and pulmonologists who treat lung diseases