What is Penile Implant?
Penile implant surgery is a technique that assists men who have failed to react to previous therapies for erectile dysfunction. During surgery, flexible rods are implanted into the penis. These adjustable rods require a tool filled with saline solution and a pump implanted in the scrotum. This device improves a man's erection and restores sexual function. This surgery is often done on men who have failed to respond to previous ED therapies. The majority of guys who get the procedure are impressed with the outcomes.
Penile Implant Cost in India
The cost of penile implant surgery in Mumbai, Nasik, or other locations may vary, depending on the type of hospital and the city you choose. The cost of a penile implants In Hyderabad is between Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 2,50,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 2,50,000|
Who is a Suitable Candidate For a Penile Implant?
- This technique is best for men with erectile dysfunction (ED) caused by a specific medical condition.
- If sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), vardenafil (Levitra), and avanafil (Avanafil) (Stendra) have given appropriate erection for intercourse.
- If you've used a penis pump before (vacuum constriction device).
- If you have Peyronie's disease, which is unresponsive to alternative therapies.
How is a Penile Implant Done?
The abdominoplasty procedure has the following steps:
- The procedure can be done under spinal anaesthetic or general anaesthesia.
- The area is shaved before surgery. An intravenous line (IV) is used to administer antibiotics or other drugs, while a catheter is used to collect urine.
- On the lower abdomen or at the base of your penis, or immediately below the tip of your penis, the surgeon makes an incision.
- The tissue in the penis is then stretched, which is usually filled with blood during an erection. After that, the two inflated cylinders are inserted into the penis.
- The saline solution, valve, and pump are all placed into the scrotum if you choose a two-piece inflatable device, but with a three-piece device, the fluid is inserted under the abdominal wall, and the pump is placed in the scrotum.
What Are The Types of Penile Implants?
Although nonsurgical treatments for erectile dysfunction (ED) exist, including medication, vacuum-assisted devices, lifestyle modifications, exercise, and psychological counselling, not all men get equally successful results. Many ED patients consider getting a penile implant when these treatments don't work for them. A penile prosthesis is a medically implanted device that helps a patient get an erection. Three types of implants are often used:
- Three-Piece Inflatable Pump
- Two-Piece Inflatable Pump
- Semi-Rigid or Malleable Rods
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing care lengths and quality for better patient outcomes. We have advanced technologies and experienced urologists and uro-surgeons who perform penile implant surgery procedures with highly successful outcomes.