What is Myomectomy?
A myomectomy is a surgical method that removes fibroids by keeping the uterus intact. It is the best treatment option for women who have fibroid symptoms and wish to have children in the future. Although myomectomy is very effective, fibroids can regrow again. The younger you are at the time of this procedure, and the more fibroids you have, the more likely you will develop fibroids again in the future. Recurrence of fibroids issues after myomectomy is rare in women nearing menopause.
Cost Of Myomectomy
The cost of myomectomy generally varies on the hospital and the city one chooses. Myomectomy costs in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool and other location may differ based on various factors.
|Cost Of Myomectomy in India||Rs 80,000, and the maximum is 100,000|
How To Prepare For Myomectomy?
- Before performing the surgical procedure, the doctor gets the patient's entire medical history and performs a physical examination.
- You should tell your doctor if you had any previous surgeries, or planning for pregnancy, have allergies to any medicines, or have a family history of fibroids or uterine disorders.
- Before the surgery, the doctor may recommend various blood tests and investigations.
- If the patient is using any blood-thinning medications or supplements, they should tell their doctor.
- The patient should stop smoking since it slows down the healing process following therapy. The patient is also advised to abstain from consuming alcohol.
- The doctor will tell you not to eat or drink after midnight the day before surgery.
- The patient is advised to empty their bladder and bowels before the surgical procedure.
How Myomectomy is Done?
- An intravenous (IV) is attached to an arm, wrist, or hand through a needle that will supply fluids, medicine, or blood
- To avoid infection, an antibiotic is provided.
- A medication may be given to women at high risk of DVT to prevent blood clots from developing in their legs.
- Before the procedure, you will be put to sleep with a general anaesthetic or regional anaesthesia, which blocks off feeling in the bottom half of your body.
- Hair on the pubic area can be trimmed. This may be done when you are awake or asleep.
- After you are comfortable, a small tube called a catheter will be inserted into your bladder. During the procedure, the catheter will remove urine from your bladder.
What are the types of Myomectomy?
The surgical removal of fibroids while leaving the uterus in place is known as a myomectomy. Depending on the size, number, and location, you may need surgery. The following are the different types of myomectomy:
- Abdominal myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Robotic myomectomy
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and a professional team of gynaecologists and gynec surgeons who perform myomectomy with utmost precision.