What is Lung Transplant Surgery?
A lung transplant or pulmonary transplantation is a surgical operation in which a healthy lung of a donor partially or fully replaces the damaged lungs. This procedure is done to improve the overall health of a patient. However, lung transplant surgery has many complications along with the risk factors.
Most lungs for transplantation surgery are taken from deceased organ donors, and this kind of lung transplantation is known as a cadaveric transplant. Healthy individuals who do not use tobacco can be a good match to donate part of one of their lungs.
Lung Transplant Cost In India
The cost of a lung transplant generally varies according to the city, and the hospital one chooses. The cost of lung transplant surgery in Hyderabad, Vizag, and Nashik differs widely based on various factors. The typical cost of lung surgery is between INR 13,00,00 to INR 25,00,000, depending upon the type of surgery. The minimum cost of lung transplants in Hyderabad is Rs. 12,00,000 and the maximum is Rs. 25,00,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs 12,00,000 to Rs. 25,00,000|
How to Prepare For Lung Transplant Surgery
- Once it is decided to do a lung transplant for you. You have to undergo a series of tests to evaluate your overall health.
- Your doctor will thoroughly explain the benefits and risks involved with the surgery.
- After this, you have to find a liver donor for your lung transplant surgery.
- When a compatible donor’s lungs become accessible, the doctors will make the arrangements for the operation.
How is Lung Transplant Surgery Done?
- You will be brought to the operation room and given general anaesthesia to put you into a deep sleep.
- Your surgeon will make an incision in your chest, and the diseased lungs will be partially or fully replaced (depending upon the medical problem) by a healthy lung of a donor.
- The surgeon will fix the airways and blood vessels and close up the incision.
- After the surgery, you will need a hospital stay for a few days or weeks for health assessment.
- You will be discharged from the hospital once the doctor reviews your medical reports and decides that you are fit to be discharged.
Types of Lung Transplant Surgery
Single lung transplant: - In this procedure, one lung transplant is done.
Double lung transplant: In this procedure, both lungs are transplanted.
Bilateral sequential transplant: In this procedure, both lungs are transplanted one at a time. It’s also called bilateral single.
A heart-lung transplant involves both the lungs and the heart being donated by a single donor.
At Medicover, we have the best team of lung transplant surgeons and doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover hospitals is one of the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced doctors who can help in providing second opinion and alternate treatments options.