What Is Lumpectomy?
A lumpectomy is a breast cancer procedure that removes cancerous or abnormal tissue from the breast surgically. Doctors use breast-conserving surgery, partial mastectomy, or excisional biopsy to conduct the process. Unlike a standard mastectomy, the surgeon removes the tumour and portion of the surrounding breast tissue rather than the entire breast. If you're considering a lumpectomy, find out how much tissue will be removed and how it will alter the look of your breasts. Plastic surgical procedures can be used at lumpectomy in some cases to improve the aesthetic outcome.
Cost of Lumpectomy
The cost of lumpectomy generally varies depending on the hospital and the city one chooses. The cost of lumpectomy in Mumbai, Nashik, and Hyderabad differs based on many factors also like the severity of the surgery and the complicatiosn involved. However, the minimum cost of a lumpectomy in India is between Rs 1,56,300 and 2,13,800. The average cost of a lumpectomy in Hyderabad is Rs 145,000.
How to Prepare for Lumpectomy?
- Generally, a lumpectomy is performed under general anaesthetic.
- Your surgeon will make an incision through the tumour removing cancer and some surrounding tissue for the sample.
- The surgeon will then close the incisions with stitches (sutures) that will dissolve on their own, which helps preserve the look of the breast.
Who Should Get a Lumpectomy Done?
You may be a good candidate for a lumpectomy, if:
- One part of your breast is affected by cancer.
- Compared to your breast's size, a tumour is relatively small.
- Your doctor is sure that you will have enough tissue to remodel your breast when the tumour is removed.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and a professional team of surgical oncologists who perform lumpectomies with utmost precision.