What is Liposuction ?
Liposuction is a type of cosmetic surgery which aims to improve a person’s appearance by removing excess fat deposited in the body. This procedure uses a suction method; thus, it is called Liposuction. This technique helps release fat from arms, thighs, back, abdomen, calves etc. The cost of Liposuction depends on the fat volume that needs to be removed. Other names for liposuction include lipoplasty and body contouring.
Liposuction Surgery Cost in India
The cost of liposuction in Mumbai, Nasik, or others places varies, and it depends on the type of the hospital, the location, the amount of fat to be removed and the specific patient case. Generally, liposuction costs in Hyderabad or other places range from Rs 20000 to Rs 500000 or more.
|Hyderabad||Rs 20,000/- to 5,00,000/-|
Diagnosis Before Liposuction:
- The first step is to consult a surgeon and talk about your goals, risks and benefits of the procedure.
- If the patient decides to go ahead with the surgery, the surgeon will give the complete details of the surgery. It may include food and alcohol restrictions.
- The surgeon may ask for a complete blood count test.
- The doctor will check the areas where the person wishes to improve.
- The surgery is an outpatient procedure so that you can go home on the same day.
- The surgery's time depends on the amount of fat that needs to be removed.
- Before the liposuction starts, the doctor can mark the areas of the body person wants to improve.
- Surgery is performed under general or local anaesthesia.
How is Liposuction done?
The procedure of Liposuction involves the following steps:
- Step-1 The surgeon injects anaesthesia for your comfort during the surgery.
- Step-2 Liposuction is performed with minimal incisions & cuts on the body; the surgeon injects infused anaesthesia to prevent excess bleeding and suctions the fat out through a surgical vacuum or syringe connected to the cannula.
- Step-3 After the fat removal, the surgeon closes the incisions firmly, and sutures which are absorbable and then the bandage is applied. Drain tubes are attached to remove the excess fluid. Patients should wear a compression garment as it helps in avoiding edema.
Liposuction Surgery Techniques :
There are different liposuction methods. Still, all of them have in common the use of a thin tube known as a cannula connected to a vacuum that helps suction excess fat from the body. The standard methods are:
- Tumescent liposuction is a standard method of liposuction. A sterile injection is injected in the areas where the procedure needs to contain anaesthesia & fat removing agents; small incisions are made in the skin through which a tiny tube is inserted called a cannula connected to a vacuum that sucks the fat out of the body.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction is a low-frequency method. An ultrasound device attached to a cannula (thin tube) releases sound wave energy that emulsifies the fat and removes it through the suction.
- Laser-assisted liposuction or SmartLipo is a method that uses laser energy to liquefy the deposited fats from the cells and removes the fat by the traditional suction technique.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the most advanced technologies and the most experienced cosmetic surgeons to perform the liposuction procedure.