What is Laparoscopic Myomectomy?
Laparoscopic Myomectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for removing symptomatic uterine fibroids. In this procedure, the surgeon inserts a camera through a laparoscope, a fiber-optic instrument. The Laparoscope displays images from inside the uterus to the surgeon. The fibroids are extracted from the uterus using surgical instruments and passed through the remaining incisions.
Laparoscopic Myomectomy Cost In India?
The Laparoscopic Myomectomy cost in Hyderabad, Nasik, Aurangabad, Vizag and other cities may vary. It depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. It also depends of the fibroid types and the severity of the case. The cost of Laparoscopic Myomectomy in India is between Rs. 1,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000. The minimum price of laparoscopic myomectomy in Hyderabad is Rs. 2,00,000 and the maximum is Rs. 3,50,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 2,00,000 and the maximum is Rs. 3,50,000.|
How is Laparoscopic Myomectomy Done?
Prior to the operation, the patient needs to fast for a specific duration. To make the operation painless and the patient sleep, the doctor will most likely inject general anaesthesia during the procedure.
Laparoscopic Myomectomy is a complex surgical procedure that may require the patient to stay in the hospital for several days.
- The patient must remove all clothing and accessories and wear a hospital gown.
- Before the surgery, the patient is placed on an operating table and given a general anaesthetic.
- An incision on the abdomen is made to gain access to the inside of the abdomen. Bikini-line incisions can be made in two ways: a horizontal incision that follows your natural skin line, which is usually less painful and causes less scarring than a vertical incision.
- A vertical incision is used for larger uterine fibroids; this incision begins in the middle of the abdomen and travels down to just above the pubic bone. This increased access makes it easier for the surgeon to navigate and reduces bleeding.
- The fibroids are identified and extracted one at a time from the uterus.
- The uterine muscle is firmly sewn back together.
- Doctors closely monitor patients' recovery, and patients may be admitted to the hospital for up to a week after the procedure.
What are the risks involved in Laparoscopic Myomectomy?
In general, laparoscopic myomectomy is a safe surgery, but in rare cases, certain risks can be present, such as
- Blood loss
- Scar tissue
At Medicover, we have the best team of Laparoscopy surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. Our team of laparoscopic surgeons and gynec surgeons have performed this surgery with highly satisfying outcomes.
We are one of the top hospitals in India for laparoscopic myomectomy, offering high success rates at an affordable cost.