What is Laminectomy?
A laminectomy is a type of spine surgery that is commonly performed by a spine surgeon who removes a small portion of bone from the lower spine (called the lamina) during the treatment. This procedure is most widely used in the lower spine (lumbar laminectomy). The lamina is bone fragments that grow from the back of the spine and are described as "bony arches." Their removal through surgery relieves pressure on pinched nerves or the spinal cord, resulting in a better quality of life and function.
Cost Of Laminectomy Cost In India
The cost of Laminectomy generally varies and depends on the hospital and the city one chooses. It’s a complex surgery and needs to be done by experts surgeons. The cost of Laminectomy in Mumbai, Nashik, and Hyderabad differs due to many factors. However, the average cost of Laminectomy in India is between Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 3,00,000. The average cost of Laminectomy in Hyderabad is Rs 85,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
How To Prepare For Laminectomy?
- Tell your doctor if you use any prescription or over-the-counter medications, vitamins, or supplements.
- Tell your doctor if you're pregnant or think you might be.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any medications, anaesthetics, tape, or latex.
- Your doctor may suggest you to avoid using blood thinners such as aspirin.
- If you're a smoker, your doctor may recommend you discontinue.
- Your doctor may recommend you avoid eating or drinking after midnight the night before surgery.
How is Laminectomy Performed?
- A laminectomy is performed while you are sedated.
- To assist avoid bacterial infection, your surgeon will wipe the skin over the surgical site with an antiseptic solution during the procedure.
- To gain a better view, the surgeon will make a small incision and move the skin, muscles, and ligaments.
- Then doctors remove part or all of your spine's lamina bones, close the incision with stitches, and cover it with sterile bandages.
- A laminectomy might take anything from one to three hours.
Types Of Laminectomy
Laminectomy is divided into three types namely
- Traditional open laminectomy
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment and a professional team of orthopedic surgeons who perform a laminectomy with utmost precision.