What is Intrauterine Insemination?
IUI is an abbreviation for intrauterine insemination, also known as donor insemination alternative or artificial insemination. IUI works by injecting sperm cells straight into your uterus around the time you ovulate, allowing the sperm to get closer to the egg. This reduced the time, and distance that sperm must travel, making it easier to fertilise the egg.
Women may take fertility medications that induce ovulation prior to the insemination operation. Semen is obtained from either the partner or a donor, and it undergoes a procedure known as "sperm washing," which extracts a concentrated number of healthy sperm from the sperm. IUI is a low-tech method that is often less costly than other forms of reproductive treatments. It increases the chances of getting pregnant, but there's no guarantee that IUI will work because everyone's body is different.
Cost of Intrauterine Insemination In India
The cost of Intrauterine Insemination can vary according to the city, and the hospital you choose. The cost of the procedure also depends on the severity and the methods chosen to treat the condition. However, the cost of Intrauterine Insemination in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Nashik can vary due to multiple factors. In Hyderabad, the cost of Intrauterine Insemination is Rs. 8,500 to Rs. 40,000 for one trial
|Hyderabad||Rs 8,500 to Rs. 40,000.|
How To Prepare for Intrauterine Insemination?
- Patients may be given fertility medications prior to IUI to assist their eggs in maturing and becoming fertile.
- The doctor will perform the insemination technique during ovulation, or drugs that trigger ovulation may be given.
- The fertility experts would closely monitor you to determine when you are ovulating and ready for the procedure to enhance your chances of becoming pregnant.
- The sperm is prepared for insemination by a procedure known as "sperm washing," which extracts a concentrated amount of healthy sperm.
- Sperm washing also aids in the removal of toxins in the sperm that might induce responses in your uterus and make pregnancy more difficult.
- If you use donor sperm from a sperm bank, the sperm bank will usually send the doctor's office sperm that has already been "washed" and is ready for use.
How Is Intrauterine Insemination Done?
- IUI is a fast and painless procedure that does not require an anaesthetic.
- The doctor will use a speculum (the same tool used in a Pap smear) to open the vagina and visualise the cervix gently.
- The sperm will then be passed through the cervix and into the uterus through a long, thin tube.
- Most women have little to no pain, while others may feel moderate uterine cramps or vaginal bleeding due to the surgery.
- Some practices do the second insemination the next day.
- Some practitioners give progesterone after the surgery and throughout the early stages of pregnancy if pregnancy is obtained, while others do not.
- Two weeks after the IUI procedure, a pregnancy test can be taken.
What are types of Intrauterine Insemination?
If you're looking to start a family, you've probably heard about artificial insemination. Navigating the various jargon and medical terms concerning various procedures can be challenging, but it is important to be fully aware of the options. There are four types of artificial insemination, each with benefits and drawbacks.
- Intracervical Insemination
- Intrauterine Tuboperitoneal Insemination
- Intratubal Insemination
At Medicover, we have the best team of Gynaecologists and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced Gynaecologists and fertility experts who perform Intrauterine Insemination with utmost precision and success.