What is Hysteroscopy?
A hysteroscopy is a procedure used to identify and treat uterine or reproductive issues. A telescope is placed into the uterus via the vaginal canal, known as a hysteroscope. The procedure of diagnostic hysteroscopy is used to look into abnormal uterine bleeding. The second type of hysteroscope is operative hysteroscopy, used in surgical procedures.
Cost of Hysteroscopy Treatment In India:
The cost of a Hysteroscopy in Mumbai, Nasik, or other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. The cost of Hysteroscopy in Hyderabad is between Rs 17,000 and Rs. 51,000
|Hyderabad||Rs 17,000/- to 51,000/-|
How to Prepare For Hysteroscopy?
- Understand the procedure and the risks, benefits, and other options.
- Your doctor may recommend the test immediately after your menstruation and before ovulation.
- Your doctor may prescribe medication to help open your cervix before the test. This medication can be injected into your vaginal canal or taken as a tablet.
- Twenty-four hours before your hysteroscopy, the doctor may advise you not to douche, use tampons, or take vaginal medications.
- Talk to a doctor to see whether you'll need someone to drive you home. Anaesthesia and painkillers might make it dangerous for you to drive or go home on your own.
- Tell your doctor about your prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements, and herbal therapies.
- Ask your doctor if you should stop taking aspirin or any other blood thinner before your surgery.
How is Hysteroscopy done?
The following is the process to do hysteroscopy:
- The doctor will first widen the cervix with a speculum tool.
- Then, through your vaginal opening, a hysteroscopy tool will be inserted and guided through the cervix and into the uterus.
- Then carbon dioxide in the form of gas or liquid will be gently injected into your uterus to clean the surface and help it expand slightly.
- Your uterus and the entrances of the fallopian tubes into the uterine cavity might be inspected using a hysteroscope.
- Finally, tiny tools are inserted into the uterus via the hysteroscope if surgery is necessary.
A hysteroscopy is a procedure that allows doctors to view the uterus to detect and treat uterine causes of infertility and irregular bleeding. The purpose is to detect and treat uterine or reproductive issues. The standard techniques are:
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Operative Hysteroscopy
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths of care and quality for better patient outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced Gynecologists to perform hysteroscopy procedures.