What is Flexible Sigmoidoscopy?
The surgeon uses flexible sigmoidoscopy to examine the inner lining of the rectum and the bottom section of your colon. A doctor uses a scope to look inside the colon and rectum during the procedure. The treatment aids in diagnosing gastrointestinal issues such as ulcerative colitis, an inflammatory bowel illness (IBD), and pancreatic cancer. It can also detect polyps in the colon, leading to colon cancer. A sigmoidoscope is a long, flexible tube with roughly half an inch of diameter. It features a camera and a little light. A clinician uses it to examine the rectum lining and the bottom portion of the colon.
Cost Of Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Cost In India
The cost of a flexible sigmoidoscopy generally varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. However, the price of flexible sigmoidoscopy in Hyderabad, Mumbai, and Nashik does not see many variations. The cost of flexible sigmoidoscopy in Hyderabad ranges from Rs 1000 to Rs 15,000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs 1000 to Rs. 15,000|
How To Prepare For Flexible Sigmoidoscopy?
- A patient should clear the colon before a flexible sigmoidoscopy exam. During the test, any residue in the colon may obstruct the colon and rectum.
- If you have any allergies, talk to your doctor.
- Bring all of the prescription and over-the-counter medications with you.
- Before the procedure, follow a simple liquid diet for 24 hours.
- To soft stool and clear the intestines, use a prescribed bowel preparation, a laxative, or an enema.
- Tell the doctor at least a week before the exam if you're taking iron pills that might induce constipation.
- After midnight the night before the exam, don't eat or drink anything.
How is Flexible Sigmoidoscopy done?
- Your doctor will instruct you to lie on your left side; knees pulled up.
- Then a narrow, lubricated sigmoidoscope is inserted into the lower intestine through the rectum.
- For a clearer look, air is pumped into the big intestine through the scope. Take a few deep breaths if you feel cramping.
- During the process, you may have slight cramps. Taking multiple deep breaths helps to relieve cramps.
- Using video pictures received from the scope's camera, the doctor examines the interior of the rectum and lower intestine.
- Small devices are inserted via the scope to extract tissue samples or polyps for biopsy.
- The doctor will slowly remove the sigmoidoscope while carefully inspecting the bowel lining.
At Medicover, we have the best team of gastroenterologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is one of the largest multispecialty hospitals, offering patients round-the-clock comprehensive care and treatment under one roof. We have the finest techniques and technology, cutting-edge facilities, the best infrastructure, and a team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver excellent treatment outcomes. Flexible Sigmoidoscopy procedures are performed using advanced technologies and are done by experienced gastroenterology surgeons and radiologists.