What is Fetal Echocardiography?
Fetal echocardiography, also known as a fetal echocardiogram or fetal echo, is a specialized ultrasound test to diagnose cardiac conditions in an unborn baby's heart. This method generates images of an unborn baby's heart using sound waves.
A fetal echocardiogram is a prenatal test for detecting congenital heart disease (CHD) that enables the newborn baby to receive medical and surgical help as soon as possible after birth.
The fetal echo gives a detailed picture and information about the baby's heart inside the womb, which is not possible with a routine pregnancy ultrasound test.
Cost Of Fetal Echocardiography In India
The cost of a fetal echocardiography test varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The average cost of a fetal echocardiogram in Mumbai, Nashik or other locations is between Rs. 1,300 to Rs. 3000. The minimum cost of a fetal echocardiography test in Hyderabad is Rs. 1,300, and the maximum is Rs. 2,500.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Nashik||Rs 1,300 to Rs. 2,500|
How To Prepare For Fetal Echocardiography Procedure
- There's not much preparation needed for a fetal echo test.
- You can eat and normally drink beforehand.
- This procedure does not require a full bladder.
- Do not put any creams, lotions, or powders on your abdomen on the day of the procedure.
How Is Fetal Echocardiography Done?
- It is very much like a routine pregnancy ultrasound.
- The radiologist asks you to lie down on an examination bed and expose your belly. They put a lubricating gel on your skin.
- The radiologist will move a handheld electronic device (ultrasound transducer) over your abdomen.
- The ultrasound transducer passes high-frequency sound waves through your body. The device is moved around the abdomen to get different fetal heart images.
- Due to the movement of the transducer, you may feel slight pressure.
- When the diagnostic test is completed, the gel is cleaned off your abdomen, and you can return to your routine daily activities./li>
Fetal Echocardiography Indications
- Another baby was born with a congenital heart problem.
- There's a history of genetic heart disease in your family.
- Genetic concerns are identified in the foetus.
- During your pregnancy, you took drugs or alcohol.
- You have a medical problem such as lupus, diabetes, or phenylketonuria.
- You have had certain infections that can harm your pregnancy.
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technology and experienced cardiologists, neonatologists and paediatricians who perform this procedure and treat congenital heart diseases (CHD).