What is the Extraction of Wisdom Teeth?
Wisdom teeth are the third pair of molars in the mouth, placed in the very back, and are generally the last to emerge; and this general, these teeth grow between the ages of 17 and 26. If you're one of the individuals who doesn't have wisdom teeth, don't worry- it's not a bad thing!
People with wisdom teeth don't have enough room in their mouths to fit the molars which causes real pain in the neck and jaw. Wisdom teeth can grow on an angle or against your second molars if they don't have enough room to grow, causing overcrowding or damage to other healthy teeth. It can also make removal more difficult, so dentists frequently advise wisdom tooth removal early on.
Cost of Extraction of Wisdom Teeth In India
The cost of extraction of wisdom teeth can vary according to the city you are in and the hospital you choose. However, the price of extraction of wisdom teeth in India at various locations also differ based on the procedure and the techniques used. In Hyderabad, the cost of extraction of wisdom teeth is between Rs 2000 and Rs 8000.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs 2000 and Rs 8000|
How to Prepare for the Extraction of Wisdom Teeth?
- Before the procedure, discuss any concerns you may have with the dentist.
- Doctors can advise patients on what to do in the days immediately before surgery and how to plan for recovery time.
- They'll also talk about the sort of anaesthetic to be used.
- If you are taking any medications, then inform the dentist. Also, inform the dentist if you want to have any other intravenous pharmaceutical therapy.
- Smoking should be avoided for 12 hours before surgery. Better still, don't smoke at all!
- It's also important to inform the dentist if you have any medical issues, such as diabetes, congenital heart disease, liver or kidney illness, thyroid disease, etc.
- Before the tooth extraction, the dentist may want to ensure that any underlying medical conditions are treated or resolved.
- If you have a weak immune system or an illness, medications may be administered for a few days before the treatment.
- If you have nausea or vomiting the night before your appointment, you may need to reschedule or have a different anaesthetic, so let the dentist know.
- If you are given a general anaesthetic, make sure they have someone to drive them home.
- Also, after surgery, buy some soft or liquid-based foods such as smoothies, applesauce, oats, yoghurt, and other foods that are simple to eat without chewing.
How is the Extraction of Wisdom Teeth Done?
Following the administration of sedative medications, the surgeon will inject a local anaesthetic to numb the teeth and gums. Incisions are made to reveal impacted wisdom teeth (locked in the gums or bone), allowing the surgeon access. Once the wisdom teeth are revealed, the dentist gently loosens and pulls them from their sockets, cleans the regions, and sutures them.
What Are the Different Types of Extraction of Wisdom Teeth?
The type of wisdom teeth will influence the type of wisdom tooth extraction performed. The following are the four forms of wisdom teeth extraction:
- Nonimpacted wisdom teeth removal
- Soft tissue impact removal
- Partial bony impact removal
- Complete bony impact removal
At Medicover, we have the best team of dentists and oral surgeons who provide such surgeries with comprehensive care and treatment.
Why Choose Medicover?
Medicover is one of the largest multispecialty hospitals, offering patients round-the-clock comprehensive care and treatment under one roof. We have the finest techniques and technology, cutting-edge facilities, and the best treatment outcomes offered by a team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, and staff. Wisdom Tooth Extraction at Medicover Hospitals, is performed using the most advanced technology and equipment and are done by experienced dentists and oral surgeons.