What is Enteroscopy?
Enteroscopy is a procedure for examining and treating small intestinal disorders (small bowel). Through enteroscopy, doctors may identify and assess disorders inside the body without making an incision. A gastroenterologist can access the small intestine using various techniques, including video capsule endoscopy, double-balloon enteroscopy, and spiral enteroscopy. Deep enteroscopy includes both balloon and spiral enteroscopy
Cost of Enteroscopy in India
The cost of enteroscopy generally varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. However, enteroscopy cost in Mumbai and Nashik does not vary much. The cost of enteroscopy in Hyderabad starts at Rs. 1500 and goes up to Rs. 35000 according to the severity of the condition.
|City||Average Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||Rs 1500 to Rs. 35,000|
How to Prepare For Enteroscopy?
- One week before the surgery, avoid aspirin-containing medicines.
- Do not eat or drink for 12 hours before the surgery if the doctor uses an antegrade method.
- Tell your doctor about all of your prescription medications and any allergies you may have.
- Only clear liquids should be consumed on the day of the procedure.
- At least four hours before the treatment, avoid consuming liquids.
How Is Enteroscopy Done?
- An enteroscopy is a painless operation that takes 45 minutes to two hours.
- Depending on the type of enteroscopy being performed, the doctor will either sedate you or give you drugs to help you relax. These medications will be administered through a vein in your arm.
- The doctor might also take tissue samples or remove any existing tumours, and it will not be painful to remove any tissue or tumor.
- Depending on the problem one is having, the doctor will do an upper or lower enteroscopy.
- Your doctor can check and treat your upper intestine using an upper enteroscopy and examine and treat the lower section of your digestive tract using a lower enteroscopy
What Are The Types of Enteroscopy?
Enteroscopy is a procedure that examines the small bowel with a thin, flexible tube attached to a camera called an endoscope. An enteroscopy can be performed using one of four different procedures.
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy
- Single-balloon Enteroscopy
- Motorized Spiral Enteroscopy
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
At Medicover, we have the best team of gastroenterologists who provides comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is one of the largest multispecialty hospitals, offering patients round-the-clock comprehensive care and treatment under one roof. We have the finest techniques and technology, cutting-edge facilities, the best infrastructure, and a team of highly skilled doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver excellent treatment outcomes. Our experienced gastroenterologists perform enteroscopy procedures using advanced technologies.