What is Endoscopy?
An endoscopy is a treatment where your doctor examines and operates on your body's internal organs and arteries using specialised instruments. An endoscope is guided inside the body through a small incision or an opening in the body, such as the mouth. It is a flexible tube with a camera attached that allows the doctor to see inside your body. With an endoscope, your doctor can operate or extract tissue for biopsy using forceps and scissors.
Endoscopy Cost in India
The cost of Endoscopy in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool or other locations may vary and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose.
|Endoscopy (with anaesthesia) Cost in India||Rs 12,000 to Rs 18000|
How To Prepare For Endoscopy?
- Consult the doctor and tell him if you’re pregnant or have any health conditions, such as heart disease or cancer.
- You should also tell your doctor if you have any allergies or taking prescription medicines.
- Your doctor may tell you to change your dosage or stop taking certain medications before the endoscopy.
- Make sure you understand the risks of the procedure and the complications that might occur.
- You’ll likely be given a narcotic and a sedative to help you relax during the endoscopy.
- You shouldn’t eat or drink anything after midnight the night before the procedure. have clear liquids if your procedure is in the afternoon.
How is Endoscopy Done?
- A doctor uses numbing spray on your throat and inserts a mouthguard to protect your teeth.
- The doctor slowly moves the endoscope further into the oesophagus, stomach, and duodenum through your mouth.
- Then the air is pumped through the endoscope into the stomach and duodenum to make it easier to see organs.
- The images can be seen from the endoscope on a video monitor to detect issues or perform treatments.
- If necessary, remove small pieces of tissue to biopsy (examine in a lab).
- The doctor can perform treatments if needed.
Endoscopy, like other technology, is constantly evolving. High-definition imaging is used in advanced endoscopes to provide visuals with remarkable detail. Endoscopy can also be combined with imaging technologies or surgical procedures. Here are examples of cutting-edge endoscopic techniques.
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Narrowband imaging (NBI)
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced gastroenterologists and gastro surgeons and doctors to perform endoscopy procedures.