What is Dermabrasion?
Dermabrasion is an exfoliating skin procedure that helps in permanently removing face scars and acne. This procedure is popular among the younger generation who want to improve their skin's appearance. Colour dermabrasion is particularly effective in reducing melanin levels in people with darker skin. It's a painless procedure that helps even out the skin tone.
Cost of Dermabrasion In India
The cost of a Dermabrasion generally varies according to the city, hospital or the cosmetic clinic you choose. The price of dermabrasion in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Nashik can differ due to various factors, including the existing condition of the skin. The cost of dermabrasion in Hyderabad starts from INR 800 to INR 2500 per session.
|Hyderabad||Rs 800 to Rs 2500|
How To Prepare for Dermabrasion?
- Firstly, consult with an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon and understand the procedure.
- Don't hesitate to ask and get clarification regarding the procedure's outcome.
- Your doctor may give you a complete physical exam and blood tests to evaluate your health before the procedure.
- Tell the doctor if you take any medication before the surgery.
- The doctor may advise you to stop smoking and take certain medicines before the surgery.
- Avoid sun exposure before the procedure without protection as it can cause skin discolouration.
- The doctor will give specific guidelines for drinking and eating before and after the procedure.
- Dermabrasion is an outpatient procedure performed under local anaesthesia.
How is Dermabrasion Done?
- This procedure is done under local or general anaesthesia.
- It takes a few minutes to an hour, depending on the area of the skin involved.
- This procedure can be done in stages if the scarring in the skin is deep.
- The surgeon removes the damaged skin until the wrinkles or scars are less visible.
- On the larger patches of the skin, the surgeon uses a circular dermabrader for the smaller areas like the side of your mouth and corners with small tips.
- After the procedure, the skin is covered with a moist dressing.
Who is Not Eligible For Dermabrasion?
- Dermabrasion is not advised for people who have severe scars or active keloids.
- If you have an immune system issue or unstable diabetes, this therapy is generally not advised.
- Pregnant women should avoid dermabrasion.
- Dermabrasion should be avoided by those who have undergone other skin procedures like collagen injections.
- Dermabrasion should be avoided by people who use waxing and tanning treatments.
At Medicover, we have the best team of plastic surgeons and dermatologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced dermatologists, cosmetologists and plastic surgeons to perform dermabrasion procedures.