What is Dental Implant?
After decades of improvement in oral health and hygiene, people still face tooth loss due to tooth decay, injury, or periodontal diseases. Losing teeth alter the smile and lead to a lack of self-confidence. A dental implant is a method in which the doctor replaces the missing tooth with an artificial tooth that looks like your natural tooth. The artificial teeth are known as Crown. Dental implants have revolutionised Cosmetic Dentistry by improving aesthetics, improving teeth function, and facilitating good health.
Dental Implant Cost In India
The cost of dental implants in Mumbai, Nashik or other cities varies. The price of the implants depends on the location and the hospital; however, the average single tooth implant cost in Hyderabad is around INR 25,000 to INR 50,000 INR and the full-mouth dental implant costs around INR 5,00,000 to INR 8,00,000.
|City||Surgery Type||Cost Range|
|Hyderabad||single tooth implant||Rs 25,000/- to 50,000/-|
|Hyderabad||full-mouth dental implant||Rs 5,00,000/- to 8,00,000/-|
Preparation for Dental Implants
- The step is to know that dental implant surgery is not a one-time process as it is a multi-step process and can take from several weeks to months, depending on the implants.
- The next step is to see the dentist and clarify your doubts regarding the procedure by evaluating its pros and cons.
- If you are ready, the surgeon will proceed further and explain every detail regarding the surgery.
- They will ask for an x-ray to proceed further with dental implantations.
- Once it is confirmed that the candidate is healthy, your surgeon will schedule the appointment.
- Dental implants are typically an outpatient procedure done at the dental office.
- If local anaesthesia is used for the surgery, you can have a light meal at night, but if IV sedation is being used, you will be advised not to eat after midnight before the surgery.
- The surgeon will recommend rinsing the mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash before the surgery.
- The surgeon may prescribe some antibiotics a few days before the surgery to avoid early implant failures.
- Surgery is under anaesthesia; although you will not be in pain, mild discomfort will be there to clear out the rest of the day and take rest.
How Are Dental Implants Done?
The procedure involves the following steps:
The surgeon will assess your mouth to check if you are a good candidate for teeth implantation.
A bone graft is done to secure the implantation site if needed.
Next, the dentist will place a temporary crown under local or IV sedation. Over-the-counter medicines will be given to ease the pain and discomfort after the procedure.
Before the permanent crown placement, your mouth needs time to heal, and it could take six months or more for the jaw to heal completely. The dentist will check the progress for the final implantation.
The final step is to attach an abutment to the dental implant and place a permanent crown by removing the temporary crown. Once the procedure is done, you will be given instructions on caring for your dental implants.
Dental Implant Techniques
There are different dental implantation techniques. Every patient’s situation is unique, and many methods are available to provide the best scenario of respectfully replacing one or several missing teeth. Some of the unique ways are:
Bone augmentationuses collagen and proteins, which help the jaw bone restore or regenerate before implantation.
A sinus lift
A sinus lift is a method that involves adding bone below in the cases where the natural bone is deteriorated because of missing teeth.
The Ridge expansion
The Ridge expansion method is used if the jaw is not wide enough to hold the implants.
Immediate load dental implants
Immediate load dental implants or same-day implants are done to allow placement of a temporary tooth on the same of your appointment.
Mini dental implants
Mini dental implants, also called small or narrow diameter implants, are minimally invasive techniques generally used to stabilise the lower denture.
At Medicover, we have the best team of dentists, orthodontic surgeons, and maxillary surgeons with high experience in cosmetic dentistry to offer you the best outcomes.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the best team of cosmetic dentists and surgeons supported with world-class technologies and equipment to perform dental implant surgeries with high success rates.