What is Colposcopy?
A colposcopy is a simple procedure that allows the doctor to examine the cervix properly. The exam takes around 5 to 10 minutes, and the process can help determine whether or not there are any abnormal cells present. A doctor uses a specialised instrument called a colposcope to perform this procedure. A colposcope offers enough light and magnification for a doctor to inspect the cervix more effectively.
Cost of Colposcopy In India
The cost of a colposcopy generally varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The price of colposcopy in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Nashik can differ due to various factors. However, the minimum cost of colposcopy in Hyderabad is Rs 14500 and the maximum is Rs. 35,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs 14500 and the maximum is Rs. 35,000.|
How To Prepare For Colposcopy?
- Your doctor will explain the procedure to you and answer any questions.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you might be.
- Tell the doctor if you are sensitive to or allergic to any medicines, latex, tape, iodine, or anaesthesia.
- Inform your doctor about all medications (prescription and over-the-counter) and herbal supplements you're using.
- Colposcopy should not be performed during your menstruation.
- The day or two before your colposcopy, avoid vaginal intercourse.
- Tampons should not be used before your colposcopy.
- Avoid using vaginal medicines before your colposcopy
How is Colposcopy Done?
- The doctor uses a speculum to keep the vaginal walls apart during the examination. As the doctor inserts this gadget, the patient may feel a little pressure.
- The colposcope will be placed at the vaginal entrance by the doctor.
- To make it easier to examine the cervix, the doctor will swab the cervix and vagina with a cotton swab and solution.
- If abnormal tissue is found, the doctor may perform a biopsy to remove a tissue sample.
- To stop bleeding from a scab, a doctor may cauterise the area of a biopsy with a solution.
At Medicover, we have the best team of Gynecologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced Gynecologists to perform colposcopy procedures.