What is Circumcision?
Circumcision is a surgical procedure wherein the foreskin (the skin at the tip of the penis) is excised. A circumcision procedure is not necessary, but if parents want this procedure for their baby, it is usually performed on the first or second day after the delivery of a healthy baby.
It can also be done within ten days of birth. Circumcision was first practised as a religious ritual, and today it is done for religious, cultural and medical reasons.
Circumcision Cost In India
The circumcision cost in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool and other cities may vary. It depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose.
|Circumcision Cost In India||20,000 to Rs. 40,000.|
How Is Circumcision Surgery Done?
- A urologist, obstetrician, or paediatrician are the certified doctors who can perform the circumcision surgery on the newborn. A circumcision operation is done in an outpatient facility or a hospital.
- During the operative procedure, a local anaesthesia medicine is used to numb the region surrounding the penis. Due to the numbness, the baby will not feel any pain. The local anaesthetic can be used as an injection or cream.
- During the newborn's circumcision, the doctor cuts off the foreskin from the tip of the penis with a scalpel. It takes nearly 15-20 minutes to finish this surgery
- Immediately after separating the foreskin, the doctor applies the ointment and covers the penis in gauze.
What Are The Risks Involved In Circumcision Surgery?
Circumcision is a safe surgery, but in rare cases, certain risks can be present, such as -
- Reaction to local anaesthesia
- Excising the foreskin too long or too short.
- Irritation on the penis tip
- Penile adhesions
At Medicover, we have the best team of urologists, obstetricians, and paediatricians who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced urologists obstetricians, and paediatricians who perform circumcision procedures.