What is Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, or hands. In the process, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, causing it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin; however, the new skin remains more sensitive to the sun. After a chemical peel, skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun, so wear sunscreen every day. It should say "broad-spectrum" on the label, which protects against the sun's UVA and UVB rays. Also, it should be a physical sunscreen and be above SPF 30. Limit your time in the sun, especially between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Chemical Peel Cost in India
The cost of chemical peel in Mumbai, Nasik, or other states may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. In Hyderabad, the cost of a Chemical Peel is Rs. 2000 to Rs. 10000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 2,000/- to 10,000/-|
How to Prepare for Chemical Peel?
- Before your procedure, you should consult a skincare specialist to discuss your concerns, advantages, and risks.
- A doctor may recommend not using retinol or Retin-A topical for at least 48 hours before the treatment.
- If you're taking any medications, let your doctor know.
- If you have a history of fever, blisters, or cold sores, your doctor may advise you to take antiviral medicine to avoid a breakout around your mouth.
- To improve your treatment outcome, use lotions like glycolic acid lotion that your doctor has prescribed. To avoid skin discolouration, use a retinoid cream.
- It would be best to stop waxing, epilating, or depilatory hair removal products at least a week before the procedure. You should also avoid bleaching your hair.
How is Chemical Peel Done?
- Chemical Peel is an outpatient procedure performed at your doctor’s office.
- The face will be cleaned, and your eyes will be covered with gauze or goggles for protection.
- Your doctor may numb the area with a topical anaesthetic, especially when receiving a deep peel.
- A general anaesthetic is also used; if the deep peel treats your neck and face.
- Chemical solutions are carefully applied to your skin to improve the texture by removing damaged outer layers.
- Most people feel a burning or stinging sensation during a chemical peel that lasts about five to ten minutes.
- The doctor will adjust the formula to meet your particular needs.
- Putting cool compresses on the skin may ease that stinging. You may need pain medication during or after a deeper peel.
- Depending upon the type of chemical peel, a reaction similar to sunburn occurs following the procedure.
- After treatment, you may need to put bandages on part or all of the treated skin for some time.
- You should avoid the sun after a chemical peel since your new skin will be fragile.
Who is not a Good Candidate for a chemical peel?
A chemical peel may be able to enhance your skin tone and restore your self-confidence whether you have ageing or damaged skin. A chemical peel is a simple, non-invasive skincare procedure that may give you the glowing, smooth skin you've always wanted. If you experience any of the conditions mentioned below, you may not be a good candidate for chemical peeling:
- If you have a history of unusual scarring on your skin.
- Having a naturally dark skin complexion or tone.
- If your scars tend to be too pigmented on your skin.
- Medications or skin problems that make the skin more sensitive than usual.
At Medicover, we have the best team of dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing the lengths to seek solutions for better patient care. We have the most advanced technologies, equipment, and an experienced team of dermatologists and cosmetologists to perform chemical peel procedures.