What is C-section?
C-section, also called cesarean delivery, is the surgical procedure in which incisions are made in the mother's abdominal wall and uterus to deliver one or more babies. C- section is often performed when there is a risk to both the baby and the mother due in case of a vaginal delivery.
Cost of C-section In India
The cost of C-sections in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, Kurnool and other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose.
|Cost of C-section In India||Rs 60,000 to Rs 85,000|
How To Prepare For C-section
- Your doctor will explain why you need caesarean surgery and the benefits and risks involved with it.
- You have to do specific surgical tests to know your general health, blood group, etc.
- Your doctor will advise you to do fasting for at least two hours before the surgery.
- To empty your bowels, you could be given an enema.
- Don't shave your pubic hair for one week before the surgery because it will be done in the hospital itself with antiseptic.
How Is C-section Delivery Done?
- The hospital staff will bring you to the operation theatre. You have to lie on an operating table where the medical staff will give IV fluids and medications.
- The anesthesiologist will preferably give you spinal anaesthesia to numb your bottom half so that you can be awake and alert for the birth of your baby.
- An incision about 10 to 20 cm long is usually made across your lower abdomen and womb to deliver the baby.
- You may feel a pushing sensation while the doctors are pulling the baby out of the womb.
- Your doctor and partner will be able to hold the child if everything is normal. The whole surgical procedure takes about 40 to 50 minutes.
Who Is The Right Candidate For C-section Delivery?
- An elective caesarean section is done if there are complications or risks to both the baby and the mother through vaginal delivery.
- Malposition of the baby - eg, breech, transverse lie
- Multiple pregnancies
- Failed vaginal delivery
- Fetal distress
At Medicover, we have the best team of Gynec surgeons and gynaecologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technologies and experienced gynaec surgeons and gynaecologists who perform cesarean delivery.