What Is Bone Scan?
A bone scan, also called bone scintigraphy, is a specialized radiology technique that is used to diagnose and monitor various bone diseases and conditions. It uses a tiny and safe amount of a radioactive drug called a radiopharmaceutical, also known as a "dye" to view the bones. However, this dye doesn't stain any tissues.
Bone Scan Cost in India
The cost of a bone scan generally varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The price of bone scan in Hyderabad, Vizag, Nashik, Aurangabad and many other places differs widely based on various factors. The average cost of a bone scan in India is between INR 4,000 to INR 7,000. The minimum cost of a bone scan in Hyderabad is Rs. 4,000 and the maximum is Rs. 6,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 4,000 and the maximum is Rs. 6,000.|
How To Prepare For Bone Scan Test
- A bone scan diagnostic procedure requires no special preparation. Inform your doctor if you're pregnant, breastfeeding, or taking any medicines or supplements. Usually, a bone scan is not considered safe in pregnancy due to radiation exposure.
- Before the test, your doctor will ask you to remove all your jewellery, including metal items, like body piercings, belts, watches, etc. If you have had implantation anywhere in your body, let your doctor know about it a few days before the scan procedure.
How Is Bone Scan Procedure Done?
- You may be asked to wear a hospital gown for the scan test. The radiologist injects a radioactive substance into your vein, and it is allowed to travel through your body for the next two to four hours. As the radioactive dye spreads through the body, the diseased bone cells absorb the dye.
- While you wait you have to drink several glasses of water. By frequent urination, you will remove the extra radioactive substance that has not been absorbed by your bones.
- You will be asked to lie still on a scanning table, and the scanner will move slowly over your body several times to scan your bones. The damaged bone areas where the substance is absorbed appear as dark images on the monitor.
- Once the doctor gets your clear and required bone images, you can leave. The bone imaging test takes about one hour.
What Are The Uses Of The Bone Scan Procedure?
The bone imaging test is done to diagnose and monitor the following conditions -
At Medicover, we have the best team of radiologists and orthopaedics who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technologies and experienced radiologists and orthopaedics who conduct bone scanning with utmost precision.