What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a type of eyelid surgery that helps to reduce the bagginess of the eyes by removing extra skin from the eyelid. Surgery can rejuvenate the area around your eyes and is suitable if you want to improve your look or have some functional issues. Blepharoplasty can be functional and cosmetic both and depends on the patient's needs. Cosmetic blepharoplasty can improve one's look, whereas functional blepharoplasty is done for medical reasons.
Blepharoplasty Surgery Cost in India
The cost of blepharoplasty surgery in Mumbai, Nasik, or other locations may vary, and it depends on the type of hospital and the city you choose. It also depends on the complications involved in the surgery, which vary from person to person. Generally, the cost of Blepharoplasty in Hyderabad ranges from Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 2,00,000.
|Hyderabad||Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 2,00,000|
How To Prepare For Blepharoplasty Surgery ?
- Firstly, you'll need to meet with a plastic surgeon for an initial consultation to discuss your concerns and desired objectives.
- Your surgeon will examine and evaluate the function of your eye before conducting this procedure.
- The doctor will test your eyesight and eye tear.
- If you take any medications, inform your surgeon before the procedure.
- Follow your doctor's advice and stop taking any medications that may raise the risk of bleeding.
- Stop smoking if suggested by your surgeon before a blepharoplasty.
- Take rest as much as possible to heal quickly because the eyelids will be swollen for the first couple of days after surgery.
How is Blepharoplasty Surgery Done?
- The surgeon injects anaesthesia for your comfort during the surgery.
- Incisions and cuts are kept to a minimum during blepharoplasty. An incision within the natural crease on the top eyelid might be used to fix the upper eyelid, and the lower eyelid repair may be done by making incision below the lower lash line.
- Eyelid incisions are generally closed with sutures or skin glue, and the sutures are removed after a week. To minimise pigmentation of the lower eyelids, your surgeon may recommend a laser or chemical peel.
- As swelling and bruises reduce, the effects of eyelid surgery will show a smoother, more defined eyelid and the surrounding region and a more alert and revitalised look.
Blepharoplasty Surgery Techniques
Blepharoplasty is an outpatient procedure, and only a few patients require a general anaesthetic. A numbing medication will usually be injected into your eyelids by your surgeon. There are three forms of cosmetic eye surgery to choose from, depending on your needs:
- Upper Eyelid
- Lower Eyelid
- Double Eyelid
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing care lengths and quality for better patient outcomes. We have the most advanced technologies and experienced cosmetic surgeons to perform Blepharoplasty procedures.