What Is A Biopsy?
A biopsy is a medical diagnostic test that involves the removal of a small sample of tissue, fluids, or growth that can be tested under a microscope. A biopsy specimen can be taken from any part of the body for investigation. The sample tissue is mainly examined under a microscope by a pathologist, but it may also be examined chemically.
Biopsy Cost In India
The cost of a biopsy generally doesn't vary much. It depends on certain factors like which medical examination has been carried out, the equipment used, etc. The average cost of biopsy in India is between INR 4000 to INR 10000. The minimum cost of a biopsy in Hyderabad is Rs. 4,000 and the maximum is Rs. 10,000.
|Biopsy Test Cost In Hyderabad||Rs 4,000 to Rs 10,000|
How To Prepare For Biopsy
- Before the biopsy, check with your doctor to see if you can eat or drink anything and if you can take your regular medications that day.
- Let your doctor know about all the medicines and supplements you are taking.
- Your doctor will explain the biopsy procedure and how it is done to you.
- Consult your doctor about any doubts you have.
- Your biopsy will be done by a specialist doctor specialising in that particular medical field.
How Is Biopsy Test Done?
- If your biopsy is painless and straightforward, such as a cell scraping, you won't require anaesthesia. If you have a significant biopsy, your healthcare provider will give you local or general anaesthesia in the biopsy related area.
- Your biopsy will be performed after that specific area is numb due to anaesthesia. The collected cell or tissue sample will then be sent for laboratory testing.
What Are The Different Types Of Biopsies?
- Needle biopsy: It is a procedure that uses a thin needle and a syringe to remove cells, fluid, or tissue from a suspicious, abnormal part of the body.
- Endoscopic biopsy: An endoscope is a thin, flexible, lighted tube that consists of a lens or a video camera on the tube end to look inside the body. Different tissue samples are taken out through the endoscope.
- Skin biopsy: In this biopsy, a small part of the skin is removed from the body's surface.
- Bone marrow biopsy: In this biopsy, a small part of the bone marrow is taken for laboratory testing.
- Surgical biopsy: In this type of biopsy, an incision is made into the skin to gain access to the abnormal tissue area and the specimen is collected.
At Medicover, we have the best team of specialists surgeons and doctors who provide comprehensive care and treatment to patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technology and experienced specialist surgeons and doctors who perform biopsy tests.