What is Arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure that is used to diagnose and treat joint problems. In this procedure, a surgeon inserts a narrow tube connected to a fiber-optic video camera through a small incision which is of the size of a buttonhole. A high-definition video monitor receives the view inside your joint.
The surgeon can see inside your joint using arthroscopy without making a large incision. During arthroscopy, surgeons can even repair some types of joint damage with pencil-thin surgical instruments inserted through additional small incisions.
Arthroscopy Cost in India
The cost of an arthroscopy varies depending on the site of the procedure like whether it is done for knee, shoulder, or hip etc. The condition of the patient also and complications involved in specific procedure also decides the cost of the surgery. You might also find some variation in the cost of arthroscopy based on the city and the hospital one chooses. The cost of arthroscopy in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada, kurnool and other cities differs widely based on various factors.
|Arthroscopy Cost in India||Rs. 1,40,000 To Rs. 1,80,000|
What happens during arthroscopic surgery?
The arthroscopic procedure varies. However, generally, the surgery follows the below process.
- A general, local, or spinal anaesthetic will be given.
- A small incision in the skin is made
- Through the incision, the arthroscope is inserted.
- Other incisions may be made to allow the introduction of additional small grasping, probing, or cutting tools.
- Light is transmitted through fibre optics at the arthroscope's end.
- Information about the interior of the joint is transmitted to a screen.
- If required, corrective surgery may be performed during the initial diagnostic procedure.
- Dressings or bandages can be applied to the wounds
What are the risks involved in arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy is a safe procedure with very few complications. However, certain risks can be present, such as:
- Tissue or nerve damage
- Blood clots
At Medicover, we have the best team of orthopaedic surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to the patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes. We have the most advanced technology and experienced orthopaedic surgeons treating bones, joints, tendons, ligaments, and muscle disorders.