What Is Aortic Valve Replacement ?
Heart valve replacement or aortic valve replacement is a surgical procedure to repair or replace a heart valve that is not working properly due to valve disease, also known as heart valve disease.
The operation methods used for aortic valve replacement are open-heart surgery, called minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS), or surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR), and transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
It is a major operation that can stretch for more than two hours, and the recovery period is often many weeks.There are two types of heart replacement valves available:
- Mechanical valves - made of synthetic materials
- Biological valves - made of animal tissues
Aortic Valve Replacement Cost In India
The cost of an aortic valve replacement varies according to the city and the hospital one chooses. The cost of an aortic valve replacement operation in Hyderabad, Vizag, Navi Mumbai, Aurangabad, Nashik, Nellore, Kakinada and Kurnool also differs based on several other factors like severity of the surgery and the complications associated with the patient.
|Aortic Valve Replacement Cost In India||Rs. 2,50,000 to 5,00,000.|
How To Prepare For Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery
- Once it is decided to do heart valve replacement surgery on you, the doctor will advise surgical and medical imaging tests that are mandatory to proceed with the procedure.
- A few days before the surgery, your doctor will explain the benefits and risks involved. You have to sign a consent form, giving consent for the surgery.
- If you smoke, you have to stop it a few weeks before your surgery, as smoking can lead to blood clotting and breathing issues.
- If you are taking any medications or have any other health problems, inform your doctor about this.
- You may need to fast for six to eight hours before the operation.
How is Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery Done?
- You will be brought to the operation room and given general anaesthesia to put you into a deep sleep.
- When you are unconscious, the surgeon begins the operation. First, the surgeon makes an incision in the middle of the breastbone to access the heart.
- When the blood has been rerouted into the bypass machine for pumping, the surgeon will stop the heart by injecting it with medicine.
- In the event of a valve replacement surgery, the surgeon will remove the damaged valve and replace it with an artificial valve. In case of an aortic valve repair procedure, the doctor will repair the defective valve to ensure better function
- Once the operation is over, the doctor will restart the heart's pumping using controlled electric shocks before the bypass machine is disconnected.
- The breast bone is closed up with wires, and the incision wounds are closed with dissolvable stitches.
What Are The Risks Involved In Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery?
The risks involved are as follows -
- Excessive bleeding
- Clotting of blood
- Transient ischaemic attack (TIA)
- Irregular heartbeat
- Kidney problems
At Medicover, we have the best team of cardiac surgeons and cardiologists who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover
Medicover is the best multi-speciality hospital, providing 24x7 comprehensive care and treatment to patients under one roof. We are equipped with the right tools and technologies, state-of-the-art facilities, top-notch infrastructure, and a team of highly experienced doctors, surgeons, and staff who deliver superior treatment outcomes.We have the most advanced technology and experienced cardiac surgeons and cardiologists who perform aortic valve replacement surgery.