What is Abdominoplasty?
Tummy tuck surgery, often known as abdominoplasty, is cosmetic or reconstructive surgery. It's used to tighten muscles that become loose or split after pregnancy and remove excess fat and skin from the belly after a significant weight reduction. It's not the same as liposuction; however, you can undergo liposuction and a tummy tuck together. This is an extensive surgery, so you should get all the information before deciding if you're thinking about it. If only a small amount of skin and fat is removed, a tummy tuck can be considered a "mini" surgical treatment. However, the procedure should not be used as a weight-loss surgery alternative.
Cost of Abdominoplasty In India
The cost of abdominoplasty in Mumbai, Nasik, or other locations may vary, depending on the type of hospital and the city you choose. The cost also depends on the severity of the surgery and the amount of fat to be removed. In Hyderabad, the cost of abdominoplasty is between INR 250,000 to INR 350,000
|Hyderabad||Rs. 2,50,000 to Rs. 3,50,000|
How To Prepare For Abdominoplasty?
- Once you've agreed to have surgery, you'll be evaluated for anaesthesia and abdominoplasty surgical preparation.
- The surgeon will ask for a complete blood test or a medical examination before the surgery.
- Before and after surgery, your doctor may ask you to quit smoking.
- Don't start on a fad diet before the surgery. Consume well-balanced and complete meals. A well-balanced diet might help you recover faster.
- Your medications, including pharmaceuticals, herbal supplements, and other supplements, should be disclosed to your doctor.
- The doctor advises you to avoid aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medicines since they might cause more bleeding.
How is Abdominoplasty Done?
The abdominoplasty procedure has the following steps:
- Anaesthesia, including intravenous sedation and general anaesthesia, keeps you comfortable during surgical operations.
- A full tummy tuck involves a horizontal incision between the pubic hairline and the belly button. The upper abdominal skin is pulled, and the extra skin is removed after the remaining skin is sutured together.
- The belly button is pulled to the surface and sutured into place through a new hole that has been made particularly for it. The skin incisions are sealed using sutures, skin adhesives, tapes, or clips.
- The tummy tuck will give you a tighter, flatter abdomen more proportional to your body shape and weight.
Different techniques can be used to do a tummy tuck. The buildup of an extensive fat layer or skin in the abdomen causes a protruding belly. A doctor may help you decide which option is best for you. Some of the techniques are:
- Traditional tummy tuck
- Mini tummy tuck (partial abdominoplasties)
- Endoscopic tummy tuck
- Extended tummy tuck
- Circumferential tummy tuck
At Medicover, we have the best team of doctors and surgeons who provide comprehensive care and treatment to the patients.
Why Choose Medicover:
Medicover is the best multispeciality hospital providing 24X7 comprehensive care and treatment by constantly pushing care lengths and quality for better patient outcomes. We have advanced technologies and experienced plastic surgeons to perform abdominoplasty procedures that bring the expected results.