Advantages of Shoulder Arthroscopy
Shoulder arthroscopy is a surgical procedure that repairs the tissues inside or around your shoulder joint and is a much-preferred mode of shoulder repair these days. The following are the advantages of shoulder arthroscopy over traditional open surgery:
- Smaller incisions hence reduced risks and complications.
- There is very little soft tissue trauma
- Less postoperative pain
- Healing time is shorter
- Reduced infection rate
Conditions treated by arthroscopic shoulder surgery
Shoulder arthroscopy can be used to remove inflamed tissue and can help with many other medical conditions related to the shoulder. It can also be used for the treatment of a variety of injuries, including
- Injuries of the biceps tendon
- Spurs of bone
- Frozen shoulder
- Tears in the labrum, as well as injuries to the tissue surrounding the shoulder socket
- Tears in the rotator cuff
- Tendinitis of the rotator cuff.
- Impingement syndrome of the shoulder
- Shoulder instability due to loose or dislocated shoulder
The Orthopaedics Department at Medicover Hospitals provides high-quality, personalised care for every orthopaedic condition using the latest treatment and surgical techniques.
For Performing Complex Surgeries, we are fully equipped with the latest technologies for treating procedures such as Robotic Assisted Joint Replacement, high definition cameras, computer navigation systems, Advanced Arthroscopic Equipment for technically challenging Procedures, Mobile C-arm fluoroscopic X-ray Systems, 24-hour trauma surgery, etc.
Best arthroscopic surgeons in India
Medicover Hospitals has renowned arthroscopic surgeons in India with vast experience and a number of success stories to their credit in the field of orthopedic surgery. Our doctors treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions with successful outcomes.