What is Gravol?
- Gravol Tablet is a medication that is used to treat and prevent allergies. It alleviates allergic symptoms like a runny nose, sneezing, itching, rashes, redness, and watery eyes. It is also used to treat motion sickness-related nausea, vomiting, and vertigo.
- You can take a Gravol Tablet with or without meals. Take it as guided by your doctor. The dose and frequency of administration are determined by the purpose for which you are taking it. Your doctor will determine how much treatment you require to alleviate your symptoms. Take the medication for the duration prescribed to you.
- The most common side effect of this medication is sleepiness. Avoid driving or any other activity that requires your full attention. Inform your doctor if any of these bother you or appear to be serious. There could be ways to reduce or prevent it. It may cause mouth dryness in some people. To avoid dry mouth, drink plenty of water and practice good oral hygiene.
- Inform your doctor if you have glaucoma, any gastro-intestinal problems, or asthma before taking this medication. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please consult your doctor. Your doctor should also be aware of any other medications you are taking, as many of them may reduce the effectiveness of this medication or alter how it works.
- Gravol Tablet is prescribed to treat a variety of inflammatory and allergic conditions. It works by reducing your immune system's response to these conditions and preventing the release of inflammatory substances in the body. It aids in the relief of symptoms such as swelling, pain, itching, and other allergic reactions. Inquire with your doctor if you are unsure why you are being given this medication.
- Motion sickness is also treated with this. As a result of this condition, you may experience a spinning sensation (vertigo), nausea, or vomiting. Gravol Tablet is an effective treatment for these symptoms. To get the most out of it, take it exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Gravol Side Effects
- Feeling drowsy
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth, nose, and throat
- Loss of appetite
- The feeling of restlessness
- Difficulty in urination
- Skin rash
- Feeling weak
- Chest discomfort
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Shortness of breath
- Mood swings
- When combined with alcohol, Gravol Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Gravol Tablet is commonly considered to be safe to take during pregnancy. Animal studies have revealed that there are few or no negative effects on the developing baby; however, human studies are scarce.
- Gravol Tablet is most likely safe to use while breastfeeding. According to the limited human data, the drug poses no significant risk to the baby.
- Gravol Tablet in higher doses or for a longer period of time may cause sleepiness and other side effects in the baby.
- Gravol Tablet may impair your alertness, impair your vision, or make you sleepy and dizzy, do not drive or do any activity that may require alertness.
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to dimenhydrinate or any of the tablet's ingredients.
- You are diagnosed with an inherited disorder. Phenyl ketonuria is a condition in which there is an excess of phenyl
- You are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- You have an eye disorder caused by increased pressure (glaucoma)
- You have a swollen prostate gland.
- You have chronic lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis or bronchial asthma.
- Your thyroid gland is overactive (hyperthyroidism).
- You are currently experiencing or have previously experienced fits.
- You intend to undergo any type of surgery, particularly dental surgery.
- You are taking medications that may be harmful to your ears (because this medication may mask the symptoms of uveitis).
- You are taking medications that could be harmful to your ears (as this medicine may mask the symptoms of undesired reaction in the ears)
- You have irregular heartbeats and other heart-related issues.
- You have confusion, mood swings, tremors, and hallucinations.
- You have a rash on your skin.
- You are also taking anti-allergic medications.
- Use with caution in seniors over the age of 65, as they are more susceptible to side effects such as drowsiness, confusion, constipation, or difficulty urinating. Drowsiness and confusion can both increase the likelihood of falling.
- It should be used with caution in children, and it is not recommended for children under the age of two.
Every drug interacts differently with each individual. Before beginning any medication, you should discuss all potential interactions with your doctor.
If you have taken too much of this medication, contact your doctor or go to the nearest hospital right away. Drowsiness, dilated pupils, red face, hallucinations, loss of control of bodily movements (ataxia), fits, and, in severe cases, coma and loss of heart function are all symptoms of an overdose.
If you forget to take a dose of this medication, take it as soon as it is possible. If the next dose is already due, skip the forgotten dose and resume your regular dosing schedule.
Store at room temperature in a cool, dry environment.
Keep it out of kids and pets' reach
Gravol vs Dramamine
|Gravol Tablet is a medication that is used to treat and prevents allergies||Dramamine is an antihistamine. It works by reducing the effects of the body's natural chemical histamine.|
|It alleviates allergic symptoms like a runny nose, sneezing, itching, rashes, redness, and watery eyes. It is also used to treat motion sickness-related nausea, vomiting, and vertigo.||Dramamine is used to treat or prevent motion sickness symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.|
|You can take a Gravol Tablet with or without food.||Dramamine can be taken with food or without food.|