What is Daflon?
Daflon 500mg Tablet is used for the treatment of acute or chronic hemorrhoids, varicose veins, and lymphedema. It improves blood flow in the veins and restores their function.
Daflon tablet is taken with or without food at the dose and duration recommended by the doctor. You should continue to take this medicine for as long as your doctor recommends. If you stop treatment too early, your symptoms may recur and your condition may worsen. Let your doctor know about all other medications you are taking, as some of them may affect, or be affected by, this medicine.
Abdominal pain, headache, nausea and diarrhea are the most common side effects. Most of these are temporary and usually time-consuming. Contact your doctor immediately if you are concerned about any of these side effects. This medicine may also cause diarrhea, so it is better to take a lot of fluids while taking this medicine because it may help prevent dehydration. Lifestyle changes such as smoking reduction increased exercise, and a healthy diet will help you achieve better outcomes.
Pregnant or breast-feeding women should consult their doctor before taking this medicine. You should tell your doctor if you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
Varicose veins are caused by problems with blood flow from the veins of the legs to the heart, causing discomfort. Daflon 500mg Tablet helps improve blood flow, reduces leakage and rupture of veins, prevents blood clotting and also acts as an antioxidant to promote healing. This relieves symptoms of varicose veins, such as inflammation and pain. Eventually, it can help you carry out your daily activities easily and improve the quality of life.
Daflon 500 mg tablet promotes fold healing (hemorrhoids). It improves blood flow and effectively relieves pain, swelling, irritation, or itching caused by piles. Always use the medicine as prescribed for maximum benefit. Make sure you avoid spicy, oil-rich foods and take plenty of fiber to aid digestion and ensure a speedy recovery.
Lymphedema means swelling that occurs due to problems with the circulation of our body fluids. Daflon 500mg Tablet improves the circulatory system and therefore treats and prevents swelling. It will also relieve any pain or inflammation that may be present with swelling. Exercise and massage will also help you recover faster and more quickly.
How to take the Daflon Tablet
Take this medicine as recommended by your doctor. Swallow it down as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it down. Daflon 500 mg tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is best taken at a fixed time.
How do Daflon Tablet works
The 500mg Daflon tablet is a flavonoid. It works by blocking the action of chemical messengers (prostaglandins, thromboxane A2) that cause inflammation (swelling) of the veins. This improves blood flow in the veins and restores normal function in the veins.
Information on the effects of Daflon 500 mg tablet on human pregnancy is limited. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you might or are planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Information on the effect of Daflon 500 mg tablet on breastmilk is limited. Therefore, you should not breastfeed while taking this medicine. You should consult your doctor before taking this medicine while you are breast-feeding.
Information on the effects of Daflon 500 mg tablets on driving is limited. If you are not feeling well or unable to be alert, avoid driving.
It is advisable not to consume alcohol while taking Daflon 500 mg tablet as alcohol itself may worsen the condition of hemorrhoids.
- Do not take 500 mg of Daflon Tablet for more than three months without medical supervision.
- Daflon 500mg Tablet is safe to use for a period of three months for most patients.
- Your symptoms of hemorrhoids will not improve after 15 days of use of this medicine, consult your doctor.
- If you have problems with your liver or kidneys.
- Avoid standing for a long time and try to reduce your weight and take other measures advised by your doctors, such as avoiding exposure to sunlight and heat.
- Avoid tight clothing and rinse your legs with cold water to improve blood circulation.
- Drink more water and have a high fiber diet to avoid constipation like fruit, green vegetables, and whole grains.
- Avoid fatty food, coffee, and spicy food. Do not carry too heavy objects and exercise regularly.
- Before consulting your doctor, do not share or use this medicine in patients with similar complaints.
- Daflon 500 tablets are for short term treatment.