Do you drink water only when you're thirsty?
Thirst is a warning that you are dehydrated and need to drink soon, not a sign that your body water level has depleted. By the time you feel thirsty, your body has already lost 1% of its water. To avoid becoming dehydrated, drink water at regular intervals.
Importance Of Water:
- Helps in weight loss as the body cannot properly burn fat without it
- Aids in digestion by protecting stomach walls from harmful effects of digestive acids
- Boosts energy and regulates body temperature
- Hydrates skin: Forget expensive creams and therapy, water is the best defense against aging and wrinkles in the skin
Why Water Intake Calculator?
The calculator will estimate your hydration level based on the details you provided. Remember, this is only an estimate. The exact amount depends on many factors like exercise, illness, and the quantity of fluid in diet.
Getting enough water every day is important as:
- Dehydration causes headaches, stomachaches, behavioral changes, depression.
- 22%-30% loss of body water can lead to coma or even fatality