Dr Sudhir Suryakant Shetkar
Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
MBBS, MD, DM (AIIMS, New Delhi), FESC, FSCAI
Experience : 15+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
About Doctor :
- Radial Angiography/ Angioplasty
- Complex Coronary Interventions
- Intracoronary Imaging and Physiology (FFR/IVUS/OCT)
- Structural Heart Interventions
- Device Therapy for Rhythm Disorders (PACEMAKER / AICD / CRT)
- Heart Failure Management and Cardiac Transplant
- Non-invasive Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology
Past Experience :
- 01/03/2014 to 28/02/2022: Consultant Cardiologist at Apollo Hospitals, Nashik
- 07/12/2013 to 27/02/2013: Cardiologist at Regional Referral Hospital, Nashik
- 1/02/2013 to 07/11/13: Post DM fellow at AIIMS, New Delhi
- 1/01/2010 to 31/12/2012: DM fellow at AIIMS, New Delhi
- 04/08/2008 to 31/12/2009: Lecturer at Terna medical college , Navi Mumbai.
Achievements & Awards :
- Winner of National level Torrent Young Scholar Award (TYSA) in Cardiology (2012) held at Ahmedabad, Gujarat in Sep 2012.
- Best orator in National level Torrent National Young Scholar Award (TYSA) in Cardiology (2012) held at Ahmedabad, Gujarat in Sep 2012.
- Shetkar SS, Ramakrishnan S, Seth S, Chandna P, Verma SK, Bhargava B, Bahl VK. CYP 450 2C19 polymorphisms in Indian patients with coronary artery disease. Indian Heart J. 2014 Jan-Feb;66(1):16-24.
- Shetkar SS, Doshi SR, Seth S. Vanishing pulmonary oedema, a visual delight! Eur Heart J. 2014 Feb;35(7):454.
- Gupta SK, Shetkar SS, Ramakrishnan S, Kothari SS. Saline Contrast Echocardiography in the Era of Multimodality Imaging-Importance of "Bubbling It Right". Echocardiography. 2015 Aug 7. doi: 10.1111/echo.13035. Echocardiography. 2015 Nov;32(11):1707-19.
- Shetkar SS, Parakh N, Singh B, Mishra NK, Ray R, Karthikeyan G, Yadav R, Goswami KC. Cardio-embolic stroke due to valve tissue embolization during percutaneous transseptal mitral commissurotomy (PTMC). Indian Heart J. 2014 Sep-Oct;66(5):546-9.
- Shetkar SS, Kothari SS. Intermittent' restrictive ventricular septal defect in Tetralogy of Fallot. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2015 Jan-Apr;8(1):80-1.
- Shetkar SS, Kothari SS. Double-outlet left atrium: Ventriculo-atrial malalignment defect. Ann Pediatr Cardiol. 2013 Jul;6(2):158-61.
- Shetkar SS, Gupta SK, Gulati GS, Juneja R. Right superior vena cava to left atrium: importance of "bubbling it right". Echocardiography. 2014 May;31(5):E161-2.
- Shetkar SS, Ramakrishnan S. ST elevation in neurogenically stunned myocardium. Heart Asia. 2013;5(1):226-227.
- Sharma G, Shetkar SS, Patel CD, et al. Paced QRS duration predicts left ventricular function in patients with permanent pacemakers – One-year follow-up study using equilibrium radionuclide angiography (ERNA). Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal. 2015;15(2):90-95.
- Thakran V, Ramakrishnan S, Verma SK, Shetkar S, Seth S, Bhargava B. Acute effects of chewing tobacco on coronary microcirculation and hemodynamics in habitual tobacco chewers. J Pract Cardiovasc Sci 2015;1:138-42
- Sharma G, Shetkar S, Bhasin A, Ramakrishnan L, Juneja R, Naik N, Roy A, Ramakrishnan S, Bhargava B, Bahl VK.High sensitive C-reactive protein and interleukin 6 in atrial fibrillation with rheumatic mitral stenosis from Indian cohort. Indian Heart J. 2017 Jul - Aug;69(4):505-511.
- Shetkar, Sudhir. "An alternative to standard personal protective equipment during emergency cardiac procedures in catheterization lab." Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences, vol. 6, no. 2, May-Aug. 2020, p. 140.