Dr Prabhakar M
Qualification: MBBS, MD
Specialty: Radiation Oncology
Designation: Consultant Radiation Oncology
Experience: 7 Years
About Dr Prabhakar M
Dr Prabhakar M is a Consultant Radiation Oncologist in the Department of Radiation Oncology at Medicover Cancer Institute. He has over 7 years of experience in the field of Radiation Oncology.
Area Of Expertise:
- Varian TrueBeam and RapidArc technology.
- Linac-based CNS radiosurgery, including frameless, open-mask immobilization.
- SBRT for lung cancer, liver metastases and pancreatic cancer, including 4D-CT simulation and respiratory gating.
- Radiosurgery / SBRT of vertebral metastases
- Deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH) treatment for left-sided breast cancer.
- IMRT for disease sites including CNS, H&N, Lung, GI, GU, GYN, Sarcoma, and Lymphoma.
- IGRT for prostate cancer using CBCT and CALYPSO.
- Total body irradiation (TBI)
- Gammamed plus brachytherapy
- 2013 – 2014: Worked as Post MD Senior Registrar in Department of Radiation Oncology at Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- 2015 – 2021: Worked as Consultant Radiation Oncologist at American Oncology Institute (AOI), Hyderabad.
Professional Training and Experience:
- Trained in Stereotatic radiosurgery and gamma knife surgery by Dr. John C Flickinger M.D at UPMC, Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh.
- Trained in Stereotatic body radiotherapy in Lung, Liver and spinal cord tumors by Dr. Steven A Burton M.D at UPMC, Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh.
- Trained in Head and Neck oncology by Dr. David Anthony Clump M.D PHD at UPMC, Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh.
- Clinical Outcomes of Palliative Radiotherapy to bone metastases 30 Gy in 10 fractions VS 20 Gy in 5 fractions- Oral presentation in AROI 2011 Jaipur.
- Radiation therapy for left breast cancer using deep inspiration breath hold (DIBH) Poster Presentation at AROI 2012 Kolkatta.
- Radiosurgery for brain metastasis of lung cancer – Oral presentation at RSNA 2014 Chigago ,USA.