Dr Nitish Arora
MBBS, MS (Ortho), DNB
Fellowship in limb reconstruction & limb lengthening, deformity correction & ILIZAROV- ASAMI
Former Consultant at St.Stephen's Hospital, New Delhi
Former Orthopedic Surgeon at AIIMS, New Delhi
AO Trauma-Table faculty
Consultant Trauma, Limb Reconstruction,
Deformity Correction & Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience : 9+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 5 PM
About Doctor :
- Simple and complex fractures
- Compound/open fractures
- Pediatric fractures
- Pelvis-acetabulum fractures
- Non-unions- aseptic and infected non-union- JESS/ILIZAROV
- Pediatric Orthopaedics-CTEV, DDH, genu valgum, genu varum, Perthes disease, SCFE, CPT, rickets, hemimelia, pediatric deformities.
- Foot disorders-planovalgoid foot, cavovarus foot, foot drop, hallux valgus, Bunion.
- Paralytic limbs-tendon transfer, deformity correction, arthrodesis.
- Limb lengthening-ILIZAROV
- Management of Cerebral palsy and other neuromuscular disorders- physiotherapy, Botox injection, myofascial release, tendon release, tendon lengthening, osteotomies and arthrodesis
- Deformity corrections around hip-coxa vara, coxavalga, PSO, Ilizarov hip reconstruction.
- Hip- Safe surgical dislocation for SCFE
- Deformity corrections around knee - growth modulation, osteotomies, Ilizarov and six axis fixator(Deft fix)
- Joint preserving surgeries for knee pain and knee arthritis-High tibial osteotomies (HTO)
- Management of ischemic lower limb ulcers (diabetic/TAO) -vertical tibial osteotomy using ILIZAROV
Past Experience :
- AIIMS, New-Delhi and JPNATC, New- Delhi.
- St Stephen’s hospital, New- Delhi.
- Original Article: Ruta M Kulkarni, Nitish Arora, Sagar Saxena, et al. Use of Paley’s classification and SUPER ankle procedure in the management of Fibular hemimelia. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics; 2017, Oct; 39, e708- e717 doi: 10.1097/BPO.0000000000001012
- Original Article: Vidisha S. Kulkarni, Nitish Arora, Harshit Gehlot, et al. Symptomatic medial humeral epicondylar fracture non-union-rare presentation of relatively common injury. Injury International Journal; 2017, Aug; 48, S50-S53. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(17)30494-1
- Deepak Gautam, Nitish Arora, Saurabh gupta et al. Megaprosthesis versus Allograft prosthesis composite for the management of massive skeletal defects-A Metaanalysis of comparative studies. Current Reviews in Musculoskeletal medicine; 2021, Mar
- Original Article: Shekhar P.Malve; Nitish Arora, et al. Comparison of surgical management of extra articular distal tibia fractures treated with closed intramedullary nailing and minimally invasive percutaneous osteosynthesis. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery; 2017, Jan-March; 12; p7-11
- Original Article: Dr. Parag Bharat Shah, Dr.SagarSaxena, Dr. Sunil G Kulkarni, Dr.Priyanshu Dixit, Dr.PradhyumnRathi, Dr.Nitish Arora, Open reduction and internal fixation of pilon’s fracture with plating. Journal of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery; 2015, Oct-Dec p16-20 doi-10.13107/jto.2015.v05i01.039 .
- Principles of Two Systems of Fracture Fixation: Compression System and Splinting System -GS Kulkarni, Nitish Arora Textbook of orthopaedic and trauma- 3 rd edition, Vol 2, section 13, chapter 112, p771-p798 ISBN: 9789385891052 Compartment Syndrome -GS Kulkarni, Nitish Arora. Textbook of orthopaedic and trauma, 3 rd edition, Vol 2, section 13, chapter 127, p902-p911 ISBN: 9789385891052
- Original article: Ankush Agrawal, Vivek Chandak, Pawan Shaw, Somshekhar D, Nitish Arora, Management of Infected distal femur non-union: A two-step surgery; International Journal of Orthopaedic Sciences, 2018; 4; p610-613
- Use of Paley Classification and SUPERankle Procedure in the Management of Fibular Hemimelia
- Symptomatic medial humeral epicondylar fracture non-union- rare presentation of a relatively common injury
- Megaprosthesis Versus Allograft Prosthesis Composite for the Management of Massive Skeletal Defects: A Meta-Analysis of Comparative Studies
- Comparison of surgical management of extra-articular distal tibia fractures treated with closed intramedullary nailing and minimally invasive percutaneous plate osteosynthesis- a prospective study
- Management of infected distal femur non-union: A two step surgery
Media Publications :
- Got an appreciation in Shree Sai Simran Times, June 2021, for the work done during COVID pandemic.
- Fitness tips to keep osteoporosis away and prevent falls-Hindustan times, 1st Nov, 2022
Awards & Recognitions :
- Winner of MOA-PG quiz 2016 and represented Maharashtra in IOACON 2017