Dr. M Babaiah is the Medical Director and Chief Radiation Oncologist at Medicover Cancer Institute, Hyderabad. He has made immense contribution towards cancer care in the twin states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh during his clinical practice covering more than three decades. His vision and pursuance of excellence has changed the face of practice of Radiation Oncology in twin states. He was the first Radiation Oncologist in twin states to bring computerized treatment planning system in mid 80s for accurate delivery of radiation to the tumors. Dr. Babaiah was the first Radiation Oncologist in South India, who started innovative and revolutionary cancer treatment technologies like IMRT, IGRT, SRT and SRS and made them available for the cancer patients in twin states. His never ending desire for superior technology made it possible to procure first RAPID ARC treatment technology at Hyderabad in a corporate setup for the first time in India.
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Rapid Arc
- Stereo-tactic Radiotherapy (SRT) and Stereo-tactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereo-tactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- 1988 – 2004: Head of the Department of Oncology, Medwin Cancer Centre, Hyderabad.
- 2004 – 2012: Director, Yashoda Cancer Institute, Hyderabad.
- 2012 – 2021: Medical Director, American Oncology Institute (AOI), Hyderabad.
- Tumors of PINEAL region J. Clinical Radiotherapy Oncology. 6(2) : 20-23, 1991
- Cutaneous Metastasis of occult primary carcinoma of Thyroid detected by FNAC – a case report. J. Clinical Radiotherapy Oncology. Vol.4, No.2: 43-45, June – 2004.
- Experience with Alpha-2 interferon at Medwin cancer Centre, Hyderabad, India – A preliminary report.Ind.J. Med & Ped Oncology. Vol.16 : 25-31, 1995.
- Metastasis skull secondaries from Adenocarcinoma of the Oesophagus. J. Clinical Radiotherapy Oncology. 8(1) : 46 – 48, 1993.