Dr Ashish Balwant Pokharkar
MBBS, M.S. (General surgery)
MCh. (surgical oncology)
Fellowship in minimally invasive Oncosurgery Tata memorial hospital Homi Bhabha university Parel, Mumbai
Fellowship in laparoscopic and robotic colorectal Oncosurgery Yonsei cancer institute (S. Korea) FIAGES FALS
Consultant Surgical Oncologist
Experience : 13+ Years
Timings : Mon, Wed & Fri
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
About Doctor :
- Minimally invasive cancer (laparoscopic and robotic) surgery
- Head and neck cancer surgery and management
- Breast cancer surgery and management
- Gynaecological cancer surgery and management
- Hepato-pancreato-biliary cancer surgery and management.
- Colorectal cancer surgery and management
- Urological cancer surgery and management
- Thoracic cancer surgery (lung & oesophagus) and management
- Peritoneal surface malignancy(HIPEC)
Past Experience :
- Consultant Surgical oncologist
- poster: Colorectal cancer at Presentation in Indian subcontinent: young vs old. A comparative study. ACPGBI Edinburgh 2016
- Oral paper presentation at international conference ISUCRS,Mumbai.
- conference paper;Does selective lateral pelvic lymph node dissection affect outcomes in locally advanced carcinoma rectum (LARC)? s garg,A pokharkar,A saklani,ACPGBI 2016, At EDINBURGH
- poster: Socioeconomic Status: Is it a Prognostic Factor of overall survival in Colorectal Cancers : Jay R. Anam, Avanish Saklani, Vijayraj Patil and Ashish Pokharkar,ASCRS Tripartite meeting, At Seattle/
- Rare Case of Perforated Tubular Ileal Duplication in 72-Year-Old Male. The Indian Journal of Surgery. Ekbote G, Pokharkar AB, Moon P. A2013;75(Suppl 1):418-420. doi:10.1007/s12262- 0120749
- Young Vs Old Colorectal Cancer in Indian Subcontinent: a Tertiary Care Center Experience:Pokharkar, A.B., Bhandare, M., Patil, P. et al. Indian J Surg Oncol (2017). doi:10.1007/s13193-017-0670-1
- Outcomes of treatment of unresectable esophageal carcinoma treated with chemoradiotherapy and oral metronomic chemotherapy: An experience from a rural cancer center;Joydeep Ghosh, Nandini Sharma, A Kulkarni, S D Banavali, Ashish Pokharkar, A Desai, Amit Mandhare, M V Chandrakanth,,eastern journal of medical science,vol 1 no 2.
- Skull metastasis of follicular thyroid carcinoma: a rare case report: Shital Khedkar; Ashish Pokharkar; Sandip Sathe; Bhushan Warpe; Shweta joshi;Walawalkar International Medical Journal (Vol.3, No. 1)
- Sarcomatoid carcinoma of kidney, presenting with leucocytosis as paraneoplastic syndrome: A case report and short review,Joydeep Ghosh ,Rahul Surve,Ashish Pokharkar ,Suvarna Patil,Nandini Sharma ,S D Banavali :Oncobiology and Targets. 2017;3(2016):1-3 DOI 10.18639/ONBT.2016.03.1255
- Laparoscopic Pelvic Exenteration for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer, Technique and Short- Term Outcomes:
- Laparoscopic Posterior Pelvic Exenteration (Complete and Supralevator) for Locally Advanced Adenocarcinoma of the Rectum in Females
- Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques.
- The technique and justification for minimally invasive surgery in COVID-19 pandemic; Laparoscopic anterior resection for near obstructed rectal carcinoma.
- Laparoscopic Pelvic Exenteration for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer, Technique and Short- Term Outcomes: Ashish Pokharkar, Praveen Kammar, Ashwin D'souza, Rahul Bhamre, Pavan Sugoor, Avanish Saklani: Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques.doi.org/10.1089/lap.2018.0147
- Poster: feasibility of minimally invasive approaches for total pelvic exenteration in locally advanced rectal adenocarcinoma, Indian cancer congress 2017 Bangalore.
- Oral presentation: Is laparoscopic approach better or equal than open approach in rectal cancer? Indian cancer congress 2017, Bangalore.
- Video presentation: NATCON-ISO 2018 conference: Total laparoscopic pelvic exenteration in locally advanced rectal carcinoma
- Video presentation:NATCON-ISO 2018 conference: Robotic total pelvic exenteration, single docking technique.
- Laparoscopic Posterior Pelvic Exenteration (Complete and Supralevator) for Locally Advanced Adenocarcinoma of the Rectum in Females: Surgical Technique and Short-Term OutcomesAshish Pokharkar, Sanket Bankar, Jitender Rohila, Dushyant Jaiswal, Ashwin deSouza, and Avanish
- Saklani.Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques.ahead of printhttp://doi.org/10.1089/lap.2019.0691
- The technique and justification for minimally invasive surgery in COVID-19 pandemic; Laparoscopic anterior resection for near obstructed rectal carcinoma. Tushar pawar,Ashish Pokharkar,Jitender Rohila, Jayesh gori,diwaker pandey, Ashwin deSouza, and Avanish Saklani.Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques.
Awards & Recognitions :
- Best video award at NATCON-ISO 2018 Conference
- Best video award at NATCON-ISO 2023 Conference
- IASO, ASI, IAGES