Dr Amit Langote
Head of Department: Nephrology & Kidney Transplant
MD, DNB Nephrology
Fellowship Home Dialysis (Canada)
Clinical Hypertension Specialist (USA)
Fellow Renal Transplant & Hypertension (USA),
Experience : 20+ Years
Timings : 10 AM - 4 PM
About Doctor :
- HD Catheter Insertion
- Permcatheter Insertion
- Kidney Biopsy
- PD catheter Insertion
Past Experience :
- Fellowship in Clinical Hypertension (ASH)
- Fellowship in Kidney Transplant (AST)
- Fellowship in Home Dialysis (Canada)
- Mini-Fellowship in Renal Ultrasonography from Atlanta (USA)
- Associate Consultant PD Hinduja Hospital, Mahim (2010-2012)
- Consultant Nephrologist and Kidney Transplant Physician Apollo Hospital (2016- August 2022)
- Prakash Gudsoorkar, Amit Langote, Palavi Vaidya, and Alejandro Y. Meraz-Munoz . Acute Kidney Injury in Patients With Cancer: A Review of OnconephrologyAdv Chronic Kidney Dis. 2021;28(5):394-401
- Meraz-Munoz, A.; Langote, A.; Jhaveri, K.D.; Izzedine, H.; Gudsoorkar, P. Acute Kidney Injury in the Patient with Cancer. Diagnostics 2021, 11, 611
- Mangesh Tiwaskar, Amit Langote et al. Amlodipine in the Era of New Generation Calcium Channel Blockers. Journal of the Association of Physicians of India , Vol. 66, March 2018 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30341872/
- Langote A, Hiremath S, Ruzicka M, McCormick BB (2017) Spironolactone is effective in treating hypokalemia among peritoneal dialysis patients. PLoS ONE 12(11): e0187269.
- Desai Tejas, Arvind Conjeevaram, Langote Amit et al (2017) The birth of @ISNeducation Kidney International, Volume 92, Issue 5, 1024 - 1028
- Clark E, Kumar A, Langote A, Lapinsky S, Dodek P, Kramer A et al. Septic shock in chronic dialysis patients: clinical characteristics, antimicrobial therapy and mortality. Intensive Care Med (2016) 42: 222.
- Langote Amit, Micayla Ahearn, and Deborah Zimmerman. "Dialysate Calcium Concentration, Mineral Metabolism Disorders, and Cardiovascular Disease: Deciding the Hemodialysis Bath." American Journal of Kidney Diseases (2015) Volume 66 , Issue 2 , 348 - 358
- Langote A, Mazarova A, Mahoney J, Blew B, Knoll GA. Inadvertent Transmission of Polycystic Kidney Disease in Kidney Transplantation. Am J Case Rep, 2015; 16: 115-118
- Holkar S, Langote A, Kothari J, Almeida A, Sirsat R.Comparison of Pamidronate v/s Alendronate in Kidney transplant patients on Maintenance Steroids. Poster presented at World Congress of Nephrology; 2011 April 8-12; Vancouver: Canada.
- Langote A, Almeida A, Kothari J, Sirsat R. Correlation of Abdominal Aorta Calcification Score with Coronary Artery Calcification Score in Maintenance Hemodialysis patients in India. Poster presented at World Congress of Nephrology; 2011 April 8-12; Vancouver: Canada.
- Langote A,Almeida A, Kothari J, Sirsat R. Vascular Calcification in Maintenance Hemodialysis Patients in India.Poster presented at World Congress of Nephrology; 2011 April 8-12; Vancouver: Canada.
- Holkar S, Gudsoorkar P, Jagdale R, Langote A, Almeida A, Sirsat R, Kothari J. Post Kidney Transplant UTI-Emergence of ESBL Producing Gram Negative Bacteria in the Early Post Transplant period. Poster presented at World Congress of Nephrology; 2011 April 8-12; Vancouver: Canada.
- Langote A,Almeida A, Kothari J, Sirsat R. Abdominal aortic calcification as a surrogate marker of cardiovascular risk in ESRD patients on Maintenance Hemodialysis. Paper presented at Indian Society of Nephrology conference; 2010.
- Langote A. Abdominal Aortic Calcification as a surrogate marker of Cardiovascular risk in ESRD patients (dissertation). New Delhi: Diplomate of National Board of Examinations; 2010.
- Langote A, Kothari J: Erythropoietin-Alpha: A Gold Chip for a Nephrologist. The Biomedic Journal, Issue no. 6, Jan-Mar 2009.
- TalrejaH, Langote A, Kothari J. Tunneled cuffed catheters- A single centre experience. Paper presented at Indian Society of Nephrology conference; 2008.
- Langote A: Single Centre Experience of Renal Allograft Recipient (dissertation). Mumbai: University of Mumbai; 2007.
- Trivedi T, Langote A. Tuberculosis in ICU. Journal of General Medicine 2006: Jan-March; Vol 18; No 1.
Chapters Published in Textbooks:
- Langote A, Almeida A. Drugs used in Cardiology. In: Kasi Visweswaran R editor. Prescribing Drugs In Renal Diseases. Mumbai, India: Suketu P Kothari TreeLife Media; 2014. p. 376-380.
- Langote A, Almeida A. Antiarrythmic Drugs. In: Kasi Visweswaran R editor. Prescribing Drugs In Renal Diseases. Mumbai, India: Suketu P Kothari TreeLife Media; 2014. p. 381-393.
- Langote A, Almeida A. Antianginal Drugs. In: Kasi Visweswaran R editor. Prescribing Drugs In Renal Diseases. Mumbai, India: Suketu P Kothari TreeLife Media; 2014. p. 394-397.
- Langote A, Almeida A. Hemodialysis and CAPD in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with ESRD. In: Kher V editor. Renal Function in Hypertension and Diabetes. New Delhi: Kontentworx; 2014. p. 169-183.
- Almeida A, Langote A. Acute Kidney Injury. In: Munjal YP editor. API Textbook of Medicine. 10th Edition. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers; 2014. p.1757-1761
- Let's Talk About Kidney Failure: Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
Media Publications :
- Eat less salt to prevent kidney diseases at young age
- One organ donor can save many lives
- Apollo Hospitals Navi Mumbai completes 200+ kidney transplants in three years
- Want to keep your kidney safe? Consume less salt
- Transplanting kidney of pig to human: Is it really a moonshot moment?
- Keep your kidney hale and hearty
Awards & Recognitions :
- Awarded 1st prize for paper presented on “Correlation of abdominal aorta calcification score (AACS) with coronary artery calcification score CACS) in maintenance hemodialysis (MHD) patients” at Indian Society of Nephrology conference at Bhopal in September 2011
- Awarded the “Angel Pin” award at Ottawa Hospital, Canada, for Patient Care in 2015
Other Information :
- Started the ABO incompatible kidney transplant program for first time in Navi Mumbai.
- Performed the first swap transplant in Navi Mumbai.
- Performed the first Steroid free Kidney transplant in Navi Mumbai.
- Successfully performed challenging transplant cases like Second kidney transplants, Pediatric transplants, Sensitized recipient transplants, Abo incompatible transplants, Obese donor, and Obese Recipient transplants to his credit