About Booster Dose
A booster dose is a shot given to ensure long-term protection against COVID-19 only to those who have received their first two doses of COVID Vaccine . It allows people to maintain their immunity for a longer period of time. A third booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine protects against symptomatic infection by any variant of Coronavirus. It ensures that the protection provided by the previous doses remains considerably stronger and lasts longer, which would help prevent the virus from spreading. It protects you from COVID-19 infection and its serious implications, in case you get infected.
Who can get a COVID-19 Booster Dose?
People who have attained the age of 18 and have been fully vaccinated with 2 doses of vaccine can receive the third dose or the booster dose of Coronavirus vaccine. Their 2nd dose must be 9 months ago.
How to get your COVID-19 Booster Dose?
Anyone above 18 years of age can get a booster dose after 9 months of the second dose. Get registered or book an online appointment with us. You can also directly walkin to our vaccination centres.
Side Effects of COVID Booster
All vaccines have some common side effects, likewise booster dose can also have minor side effects that are very common and are nothing to worry about. These include-
- Sore or swollen arm where you got the shot
- Body aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
- TELANGANA : Hitech City | Chandanagar | Begumpet | Karimanagar | Nizamabad | Sangareddy | Zahirabad
- ANDHRA PRADESH : Nellore | Kurnool | Srikakulam | Vizag | Kakinada | Vizianagaram
- MAHARASHTRA : Nashik | Aurangabad | Sangamner | Pune | Navi Mumbai
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a COVID-19 booster?
A COVID-19 booster serves a similar purpose as a vaccination. A Covid vaccination strengthens immunity by producing antibodies but these tend to decline significantly over time. Hence a booster vaccination is given to improve the immune response and increase the antibodies count.
2. Do I need to take the COVID-19 booster dose?
Yes, recent data suggest the COVID-19 booster effectively prevents illness in people of all age groups, especially elders over 65 years and people with compromised immunity.
3. Are there any side effects after taking a COVID-19 booster Vaccine?
4. Can I take the COVID-19 booster dose during pregnancy?
According to recent studies, COVID-19 booster doses are safe to take during pregnancy. But doctor consultation is a must before taking the vaccination during the pregnancy period.
5. Is it safe to consume alcohol after receiving the COVID-19 booster vaccine?
There is no problem with drinking alcohol in moderation after taking the booster dose, but, if a person has the habit of binge drinking, it can impact their immune system response and hinders the vaccine from working.
6. Can you mix vaccine brands when getting a COVID-19 booster?
No, you cannot mix the vaccination brands while taking a booster dose. If you had registered for a specific brand for your first and second doses, the subsequent booster would be the same.
7. Are both the booster and preventative doses the same thing?
Yes, they both refer to the same immunity-boosting substances. In India, the booster dose is also called a “preventive dose.”