Weight Loss Obesity
Obesity bothering you? Checkout the ways to lose your weight in a healthy manner!
Obesity or being overweight is a medical condition that can lead to life-threatening complications. One in every five Indians is estimated to be obese or overweight. The accumulation of excess body fat occurs to such an extent in this condition that it may have a negative effect on health.
People who are obese or overweight are more likely to develop medical conditions such as heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure (hypertension), and diabetes. However, long-term weight loss is considered the safest approach to reducing weight and the best way to control obesity.
Now the question is, can obesity be reversed?
Yes, severe obesity is usually reversible. Anyone who is worried about obesity or its symptoms, should seek medical attention. Treatments can help people regulate their weight and prevent potentially dangerous problems.
How to lose weight?
It is important to have a proper weight-loss plan that best suits and works for you. However, whatever obesity treatment plan you choose, lowering weight will be more effective in treating obesity. Here are some of the lists for losing weight:
Change the Diet:
One of the most efficient ways to reduce weight is to limit daily calorie intake. Here are some basic dietary recommendations that may result in weight loss:
- Have adequate nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, including a range of foods and healthy juices in the diet.
- Reduce the intake of fried foods because they are bad for the health and heart.
- Choose whole grains over white rice and white bread because they are higher in fibre and contain more nutrients, allowing the body to absorb them more slowly.
- Consider fruit, nuts, and seeds instead of high-sugar foods and beverages, which are rich in fat and have no nutritional benefit.
- Instead of high-sugar sodas, take herbal teas or fruit-infused water.
Track your caloric intake with a Calorie calculator and make informed health decisions!
Get an individualized diet plan based on your particular condition with our expert dietician!
It is always advisable to get the advice of a healthcare expert who can recommend the best type of exercise for you. Exercise routines are designed to help you lose 1 to 2 kg per week in a healthy manner. However, the weight loss gains are different for different people based on their unique health conditions.
Here are the ways to gradually increase physical activity:
- Every day, take a walk.
- Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs.
- Go to the gym or an exercise class.
- Water aerobics classes are particularly beneficial if you also have back, knee, or joint problems.
- Before starting any workout program, consult a doctor.
Medication can help obese people lose weight. Remember that medication should always be taken as directed by the doctor.
If changing the diet, increasing daily physical activity, and taking medication haven't resulted in enough weight loss, then Bariatric or Metabolic Surgery may be an option to treat obesity.
However, it is vital to consider all of the alternatives before choosing on surgery. Talk to a doctor about all of the advantages and downsides before proceeding with surgical therapy for obesity.