Top 5 Reasons Of Lower Back Pain Among Women
Sometimes, you know exactly why your back hurts. Maybe you lifted something the wrong way and felt the pain right away making it obvious for you to understand the reason. It is also possible that your doctor has been warning you for years that your poor posture would lead to lower back pain and you kept on ignoring only to get this pain at the end.But other times, the source of back pain may appear like a mystery.
Our back is made up of a complex structure of muscles, the spine, ligaments, tendons, and bones & it is one of the stress zones in our body. Therefore, back pain is a very common problem. In general, all of us experience back pain at some point in our lives & usually, pain can range from mild, intermittent pain to persistent, severe, and disabling pain.
Low Back Pain Symptoms Include:
- Dull pain in the hips and/or pelvis
- Muscle spasms or tension
- Sharp, tingling pain that starts in the lower back and goes down one leg (also known as sciatica)
- Pain that worsens when sitting and quickly improves when walking
- Pain is usually worse in the morning
What Are The Reasons for Lower Back Pain In Women?
Some causes of back pain are peculiar to women. These include the conditions listed below.
Menopause and Hormonal Issues
Research suggests that chronic low back pain (LBP) is one of the most common musculoskeletal challenges women face during menopause. About 70% of perimenopausal women will experience symptoms related to estrogen deficiency, which increases menopausal symptoms and correlates with symptoms of chronic back pain.
One of the common causes of back pain is when you sit for a long time to work you may experience back pain, stiffness, or discomfort.
Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
Very painful menstruation is known as dysmenorrhea. It can be just as serious in some women. It can also cause severe abdominal pain, leg pain, hip pain. The pains are dull to severe and last 3 to 4 days.
Back pain is common during pregnancy for women and most of them are in their fifth to the seventh month of pregnancy.
Home Remedies for Back Pain in Women
- Identifying the cause of back pain can be tricky, but there are some home remedies women can take to prevent the pain from getting worse. Changing these few daily habits can help you maintain a healthy, pain-free back for a long time. Below are some tips you can follow:
- In a bucket of warm or slightly warm water, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Taking a bath with this water will help you get rid of back and body pain.
- While watching TV, place a hot water bottle on your back against a cushion. Heat treatment will help you recover from back pain.
- Massage your back with mustard oil an hour before taking a shower. Be sure to take a hot shower. Add ginger while making your tea, it will help reduce the chances of back pain. Using herbal oil to massage your back also ensures quick recovery.
Many factors can cause serious back pain, but it usually comes down to incorrect posture and slouching in front of a desk and TV. In addition to maintaining proper nutrition and diet, it is important to ensure that you avoid prolonged sitting and keep your weight balanced on your feet while standing.