How To Get Rid Of Gas Pains?
Gas pain is one of the most common gastric troubles which cause a lot of discomfort for many people. It usually occurs when gas is formed in the intestine and gets trapped instead of releasing by the body during the digestion process.Gas pain has a particular set of symptoms. When people are aware of these signs, it is easy to find a remedy to relieve their pain. The most common symptoms of pain are abdominal pain and chest pain. Though chest pain can be a symptom of other serious causes, it even pointed to gas pain.
There can be various reasons behind Gastric problems ranging from indigestion to empty stomach. If the gastric mucosa, a stomach membrane layer get disturbed it leads to secretion of acids. Sooner these acids get in touch with stomach which gives rise to nerve ending pain and discomfort. This condition will ultimately lead to a problem called gastric. This problem is more often faced by people who crossed 40 plus years despite it is seen in young and children.
Some people can also have Gastric problem due to excessive drinking habit. If you are consuming excessive spicy food, this can even give rise to Gastric problems. You must not take too much tension or stress as this can give rise to variety of complication related to Gastric. Bacterial infection can also give rise to gastric problems. Some people have a habit of not chewing their food properly. In such case gastric problem can take place.
The main causes of the Gastric problems include acidity, indigestion, stomach bloating and heartburn. Some of the other causes of the gastric pain are viral or bacterial infections, food poisoning, kidney stones, constipation, tumors, pancreatitis and ulcers etc. There are still lots of genuine reasons why people usually suffer with gas problem..Some of the various causes are:
- Foods that contain high amounts of fiber such as fruits, vegetables, grains, beans, and peas can cause gas and results in gas pain.
- When people eat too fast or drink through the straw, they might swallow air which gets trapped in the lower digestive tract. This trapped air in the intestine can cause gas pain.
- People with food intolerances can often suffer from gas pains. For example, in people who are lactose intolerance, their body might not be ready to separate the sugar from the consumed dairy products, this can produce gas. In a similar way, other intolerances can bring about overabundance gas and cause gas pains.
- Drinking a lot of carbonated beverages can result in gas pain.
Foods that cause gas Pain:
- Foods that contain complex sugars like Cabbage, Beans, Broccoli can cause gas pain.
- Foods that contain fructose such as Onion, Candy bars, Yogurt, Bread, etc. will cause gas pain, should be avoided for a better health
- Excess consumption of soft drinks and fruit juices
- Consuming food which contains high wheat such as potatoes, pasta, corn, etc.
- Consumption of alcohol, better to reduce it.
- Dairy products such as Milk, Curd can also cause gas pain and most doctors suggest coconut, almonds instead of dairy products.
The most common sign and symptoms are:
- Passing gas
- Pain, cramps, or a knotted feeling in your abdomen
- A feeling of fullness or pressure in your abdomen (bloating)
- An observable increase in the size of your abdomen(distention)
Along with the remedies, some changes in the lifestyle can avoid the formation of the gas. Here are some tips:
- Eat slowly and chew carefully to prevent air from getting into the stomach.
- Exercise or walk for at least an hour every day to aid the digestive system’s function.
- Daily exercises or walking
- Avoid drinking carbonated beverages such as sodas.
- Avoid foods that increase the risk of gas formation in the intestine.
- Stress can affect the functioning of the digestive system and lead to digestive problems. As a result, stress management measures are often recommended.
People who often suffer from gas pains can get relief by following some simple natural remedies. Here are some most common and efficient ways to treat gas pains quickly.
- Ginger: Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is one of the best natural remedies to get relief from the uncomfortable gas pains. Chew some ginger or drink ginger tea to get rid of gas pains.
- Lemon Juice: Citric acid in lemon can break down the gas-causing foods in the intestine. Therefore, it can relieve gas pains.
- Papaya: Papaya is one of the natural foods that aid digestion and prevents the formation of gas in the stomach, thus reduces the risk of gas pain.
- Hot water: The easiest way to get rid of annoying gas pains is to sip hot water slowly. This is an effective way which helps to get relief from gas pains quickly.
- Yogurt: The pro-biotic elements in yogurt help to treat gas pains. People who are lactose intolerance should try some other natural remedies instead of having yogurt.