Back pain is extremely common and can be caused by many simple everyday activities. Back pain can be the result of trauma, such as a fall or a car accident. But Most often back pain is the result of an everyday activity done incorrectly.
By following these simple tips you can prevent back pain and protect your spine from injuries caused due to everyday activities (lifting an object, sitting at the computer for long hours, carrying shopping bags, bending over to vacuum and others).
- Exercise helps in the prevention of back pain. It helps in the movement of muscles and keeps the joints fluid
- Healthy diet includes fruits and vegetables, lean meats, dairy products and whole grains
- Right sleep position which includes sleeping on your side
- Work at ergonomically correct workstation to maintain proper posture
- Reduce stress by practicing yoga, meditation, deep breathing, Taichi and others
- Quit smoking as it narrows blood vessels and reduces flow of nutrients and oxygen to the spine