Back Pain is a very common problem these days, that can be found in almost every adult. For many, it’s not a very serious problem, but in some cases, lower back pain may be problematic. Back Pain may occur due to strain in muscle or ligament. In everyday activities somewhere or the other, we can get strain in our back. Back Pain can be found in people of different age groups. With growing age, lower back pain can be found in old age people.
Lower back pain can sometimes not be a disorder. It usually results in some problems like ligaments, nerves, and the spine that have vertebrae. 90% of the pain can be cured without any surgery or doctor. If the back pain increases, then they have to consult the Doctor.
Types of back pain:
It can be a sudden strain on your back. It can occur as age-related degeneration. This strain can be cured by doing some daily exercises that will help in strengthening your back. Also, being overweight can lead to herniated discs. Lifting heavy weights is the reason for getting a sudden strain.
This occurs when the spaces in the spine become very narrow and may cause some pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal stenosis can occur in the lower back or neck mainly. Age groups above 50 may face this problem regularly. It has no symptoms, but due to spinal pressure, some may face pain, weakness, and numbness in their back. Also, people meeting with some kind of injury or accident can get this back pain.
It’s a curvature in the spinal cord which may be seen while birth or it can be seen in later childhood. Mostly, girls will be found diagnosed with this back pain more than boys. The healthy spinal nerve always has a front to back curve, but people with scoliosis can be found having sideways spines which can cause gaining of weight or increasing stress. The disease may cause problems at a young age as the problem becomes worse.
Thoracic Back Pain:
Thoracic back pain may be caused due to disorder in the upper back region. It can cause neck pain, middle back pain, and lower back pain. The symptoms can be fever, uncontrollable weight, nerve pain, and physical trauma. If anybody gets thoracic back pain because of any recent trauma then they may consult a doctor.
Middle Back Pain:
This back pain occurs above the lumbar region and below the rib cage. It’s very difficult to identify the symptoms and sometimes people may be frustrated. Middle back pain has major chances of increasing obesity and a lack of physical activity.
Causes of Back Pain:
- Back Pain can be caused for many reasons. A human body is very complex and the body may not support lifting objects with heavyweights. Sometimes in some of the cases, the reason for back pain remains unclear.
- Back Pain commonly occurs from strain, tension, or injury. Some frequently occurring back pains are having a muscle spasm, muscle tension, or some damaged risks. Injuries and fractures can cause you some major back pain.
- Strain can occur due to heavy lifting, or not lifting it in the right way.
Some of the structural problems can be:
- Sciatica radiates pain along from the sciatica nerve that branches from the lower back to the hips and then down the leg. Mainly it affects only one side of the body.
- Arthritis can be felt in the joints i.e. in the hips, lower back, and knee.
- Some abnormal curves in the spine can lead to back pain.
- Osteoporosis occurs if we have very weak bone and some fractures.
- Kidney stones can also sometimes give you hardback pain.
Our body is formed in such a way that even a movement and posture can give you high back pains. Poor posture of your body may end up you in some pain. Some postures that will give you severe back pain are:
- Twisting of your body
- Overstretching of your body may give you back pain
- Lifting of some heavyweight
- Sitting in one posture for a longer period
- Long drive can give you a back pain
Some of the higher risks that can be seen while having back pain:
- Lack of physical fitness
- Getting older
- Excess smoking
- Some genetic problem
Back Pain is common in women more than men. This happens because of hormonal factors and also too much stress, anxiety, and disorders in the mood.
The common symptoms that can be found are severe pain in the back and legs. Severe pain sometimes can be felt when there is a serious problem in the nerve. Mostly the pain goes without any treatment, but if there is some serious issue in the back consulting a doctor would be a better option. When to visit a Doctor:
- Inflammation in back
- Severe leg pains
- Injury or trauma on the spinal cord or back
Back Pain Diagnosis:
When you go to visit a doctor, the first thing they will ask is, what are the symptoms of your back pain? Further, they will prescribe you some painkillers for your back pain. If still, your back pain continues after taking medicines, then the Doctor will ask you to go for some x-ray. Mostly this happens when there is a severe injury in your back. Some of the underlying causes would need proper treatment.An X-ray and MRI scan would give you all the information about your tissues. Another type of diagnosis that can cure your back pain without any medication is consulting a physical therapist. They will help you fix your soft tissues.
Treatment of back pain can be:
- Back Pain exercises will help you in getting rid of the back pain. Walking and swimming are sometimes a good option for back pain exercise.
- Eating some healthy food and working on your weight may give you relief.
- Changing your postures at regular intervals.
- Avoiding sitting for a long time.
- Try to avoid lifting heavy things.
- Applying some essential oils on your back would give you relief from back pain
Nowadays, back pain can be found in every person. If proper treatment is done and back pain exercises are done at a regular interval, then there can be a chance of not getting back pains. Heat and ice therapy can give you relief. Improving body postures will give relief to your body tissues. Sometimes just taking home remedies will give you relief.
Women wearing high heel shoes sometimes may give them ligament cramps, which may cause them back pain too. So changing shoes would give them fewer cramps. For back pain, you can do 15min yoga with different postures. It’s a common ailment that can be found in older age group people. People who want to cure their back pain may go for daily yoga and exercise.
Q.How to treat back pain?
A.Back Pain exercises will help you in getting rid of the back pain. Walking and swimming are sometimes a good option for back pain exercise.
Q.Can walk on a treadmill at a fast rate cause back pain?
A.Using a treadmill at the fastest rate won’t give you back pain.
Q.What are the best treatments for lower back pain?
A.Work on your muscle flexibility and strength. Moving your body and changing the posture would help you in treating your lower back pain.
Q.What are good exercises for back pain?
A.Bridges, Knee-chest stretches, and lower back rational stretches would give you relief from back pain.
Q.How to relieve back pain?
A.To relieve severe back pains you can take pain killers. If it does not cure you can consult a doctor.