Cataract Surgery Precautions
Cataract surgery requires a lot of precautions to be taken because of the nature of the surgery and the sensitivity of the site of the surgery. Follow the below precautions to recover faster with a great vision back.
- You have to wear protective eyewear like goggles or transparent wrap-around glasses round the clock.
- Take care not to let the soap and water get into your eyes for the first few days.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Wear a protective eye shield when you sleep.
- Stay away from dust, dirty water, or any type of strain on the eyes, especially from the TV, mobile phones, or tabs.
- Don't lift heavy objects for the first few weeks.
- Follow up with your doctor as suggested
For any unusual symptoms, you must talk to your doctor as going out after the surgery should be avoided. For a better eyesight, go for regular eye check-ups.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It is advisable to wait for one week to wash your hair. It also depends upon the condition of your eyes. Ask your doctor if you have any doubts.
The cost of laser cataract surgery is approximately Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 75,000.
Avoid exposure to heat and sun and any injury to the operated eye.